Spammers beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spammers beware

We seem to be getting spammed by users who can defeat the Q&A entry question as well as the anti spam software, so they are more than likley Humans just trying to use the forum to promote their wares. I dont mind this, but, ONLY if they give some input into the forum.

For those that dont, ...or just post inane drivel ... an active policy of deletion, is in place.

Soo ...new members intent on this scenario ... dont be surprised if you get banned without warning, appeals for assuagement will also not be entertained, .. therefor... PM's and emails to the admin team on this basis will also be ignored
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Well some more spammers bite the dust here every day

for those that like to

I have another ready to

Look sharp spammers
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

And I should say this is nothing compared to the plugin we use to stop regular spam .. see if I can find you a screen shot .. brb

Comment

Here ya go .. here is the last weeks bunch 2700 attempted forum joiners

spammers.jpg

Just to remind everyone what a war it is, and why those that waste admins time will be dealt with mercilessly

Comment

Some of you might have noticed an ever present bunch of spammers from Vietnam.. vnmanpower they always registered as .. well not anymore .. that whole region has had their ip addresses barred .. I didnt realise you could do this (well I did but not as surgically) so that should remove what was a persistant bunch of spammy gits

Comment

Well by blocking the whole of Vietnam (did the Americans not try that?) let's hope that cuts the amount of spammers! Your doing a great job Muz!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
              Well by blocking the whole of Vietnam (did the Americans not try that?) let's hope that cuts the amount of spammers! Your doing a great job Muz!!!
              Well they've already been emailing complaining about no access, so in my politest Scots I told 'em that...... 'off'... is the general direction in which they should f**k

Comment

Now we are getting Chinese scaffolders?!?!?!

Comment

Bamboo grown to order Jim ?

Comment

Right ... I think its time to block the far east altogether

Comment

so no Japanese either.....
                      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                        so no Japanese either.....
                        私はそれらの多くのポストを思ういけない

Comment

A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

These bloody spammers are getting wild!! That was another big attack today!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                              These bloody spammers are getting wild!! That was another big attack today!
                              Yes it was and thanks to your quick response it was neutralised quick ,, that could have become a major problem

Comment

Working...
                              X