new to the job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the job

Orite guys I am new to the excavator world just got my cpcs card red on 180/360 excavators was wondering if any of use had any advice on getting my foot in the construction door and get myself on some sites working finding it quite hard because most companies are wanting blue card operators,however I cant get my red card to a blue without abit of experience and a chance like.looking to further my skills by getting the cpcs slinger/banksmans as well but cant continue my training without employment to fund my courses got plenty of life experience being an ex soldier so any tips and advice would help.is a direct approach a better way to contact employers with in this industry?

My best suggestion is to talk to Stock or Muz as they are both in the U.K. Some of us are in Canada and the U.S. and others are in Australia.

Comment

Hi macca .. welcome to the forum .. you might have seen another gent in roughly the same position as you here

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...03-Evening-all

Maybe drop him a PM or an email and see if he could offer any help ?

I appreciate its a kinda chicken and egg situation you are in... sometimes taking some work, thats not operating to start with just to get your foot in the door is the way to go .. but its tough in some places for any work at the moment.
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
      X