Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone recommend some decent software please...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone recommend some decent software please...?

current accounting software is slow/crashes all the time. need something better. preferably tailored for small businesses as don't want anything massively flashy or complex to get my head around (or with huge price tag)!

tried and tested recommendations only please everyone - would appreciate if you didn't promote companies/websites if you haven't had decent service from them.

cheers,

I and a large amount of small businesses use sage. I dont particularly like the software (or any accounts software) but it is reliable and works, and is used by many accountants also, making it easier and cheaper for them to do your books (supposedly!)

I'd prefer to stick to simple spreadsheets if I had my way, but my hire software is bolted on to sage so I have no choice. One thing I dont like about it is the way sage sell you it then try and force you to take out support ever after,(the dripping roast) But its reliable enough that I havent needed support for 10 years or so

WHat are you currently using ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Harry, have a look at Kashflow. We used sage and I hated it. On going costs and the upgrades got on my nerves. Kashflow is an on-line application accessed via your web brouser - it is all backed up for you too. Our accountant is an agent and the monthly subscription through him is about £15 which is as cheap as chips ! There is nothing else to pay - you don't have to buy any software and your accountant can get to your data without sending sfuff on disks. Take a look at www.kashflow.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Johnson View Post
        current accounting software is slow/crashes all the time. need something better. preferably tailored for small businesses as don't want anything massively flashy or complex to get my head around (or with huge price tag)!

tried and tested recommendations only please everyone - would appreciate if you didn't promote companies/websites if you haven't had decent service from them.

cheers,
        Hi Harry,

I would recommend Integrity Software. Their software is built especially for the construction industry. You don't have all the messing about training staff up for a whole programme full of things you don't need. We've found it user-friendly and not had any problems with it breaking down. Have heard Sage can be problematic even though they're popular. Just my opinion but hope it helps. I think the days of spreadsheets are behind us now...well at least I hope so. Too much like hard work!

Oh here's a link if you need it BTW.

http://www.integrity-software.net/

Comment

What are you currently using by the way? Would be helpful to fellow posters to know!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
            Harry, have a look at Kashflow.
            I've heard some negative stuff about them too. Problems with software messing up. Never used it so don't actually know myself.

Comment

I have ran Sage for well over ten years and never had a problem with it and we do a lot of invoicing.
              One off payment,no ongoing costs,what more do you want?

Comment

I use Finance-to-Go, but it's Mac only. Tis good though.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

Asked in a few different forums and ended up looking into Sage upgrade and new Integrity Software as seemed most popular with house builders. Went for integrity Evolution standard in the end. Good reviews and seems easy enough to transition to for a small business. Decent tech support etc.

Feel free to post any advice for me anyone who has more experience of it!

Comment

Working...
                  X