Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitachi zx50 injectors

Hi Folks.

I need a set of injectors for 2009 Hitachi zx50, Kubota engine, need them for weekend. Anybody know best place to go?

Many thanks.

Al.

Originally posted by ally mac View Post
    Hi Folks.

I need a set of injectors for 2009 Hitachi zx50, Kubota engine, need them for weekend. Anybody know best place to go?

Many thanks.

Al.
    Cant you get a shop to clean and recalibrate yours ? I forget where you are based fella ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

For that age of engine .. probably just as quick to go main dealer. Does it have a Kubota number on it ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        For that age of engine .. probably just as quick to go main dealer. Does it have a Kubota number on it ?
        Up in sunny Oban Muz :)

Was going to get onto HM tomorrow, couldn't see a plate on engine but was a bit rushed today.

Comment

Up in sunny Oban Muz :)

Was going to get onto HM tomorrow, couldn't see a plate on engine but was a bit rushed today.
          Kubota have sorted their shit out regards parts pricing, so I was thinking they might be better than HM, but you would need to know the engine type. The usual problem is that the Maker (hitachi) usually force other major parts suppliers to remove any branding or numbers that make any sense for after market bits, so you usually have to go through the main dealer unless you do a lot of detective work.. I had a lot of this with Mitsubishi engines in early Volvo minis

Comment

Kubota have sorted their shit out regards parts pricing, so I was thinking they might be better than HM, but you would need to know the engine type. The usual problem is that the Maker (hitachi) usually force other major parts suppliers to remove any branding or numbers that make any sense for after market bits, so you usually have to go through the main dealer unless you do a lot of detective work.. I had a lot of this with Mitsubishi engines in early Volvo minis
            What actually is the problem with your injectors? They are actually quite easy to clean on these engines, as long as the nozzles and valves are not to damaged they work fine.

Mick

Comment

That's part of problem, couldn't find any info on engine Muz

Mick, its a bit of a strange one. Occasionaly the machine runs very smokey, started all of a sudden last week. Smoke is blue/grey which made me think it was burning oil. An engineer pal reckoned it did smell like unburned diesel despite the colour. I cleaned a lot of scum out fuel filters and though it was sorted but then started smoking again after 2 days.

We checked injectors and two weren't atomising atall, pressures were ok though. Compression test was fine so no problems there.

Comment

That's part of problem, couldn't find any info on engine Muz

Mick, its a bit of a strange one. Occasionaly the machine runs very smokey, started all of a sudden last week. Smoke is blue/grey which made me think it was burning oil. An engineer pal reckoned it did smell like unburned diesel despite the colour. I cleaned a lot of scum out fuel filters and though it was sorted but then started smoking again after 2 days.

We checked injectors and two weren't atomising atall, pressures were ok though. Compression test was fine so no problems there.
                Have you taken the fuel pipe off to see a good flow going into the injection pump ? diesel should be jumping out of the pipe

Comment

Not the first time I've had an obstruction like a flake of paint from a diesel drum blocking a banjo connector

*edit* after checking all the other filters and primer pump

Comment

used to have a Cummins 290, in a 45t Grove that'd smoke like a bitch ..... if the fuel filter got any water in it - passed fuel ok, but if the filter got 'soggy' .... same sort of symptom - try a new filter and check any water traps for H2O.

Had a 240 in a 30 tonner, at the same time, that didn't do it ....... Go figure?
                    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Thanks lads.

Going to clean out tank etc, Im checking filters every day and draining tank at moment. Need to do injectors anyway. Will see how it goes from there.

Al.

Comment

£170 an injector from HM plant, or £70 for a nozzle. Getting service exchange from Kubota man in Laurieston for £40 odd each. Also told me how to get Kubota engine number of the block. Very helpful chap.

Comment

£170 an injector from HM plant, or £70 for a nozzle. Getting service exchange from Kubota man in Laurieston for £40 odd each. Also told me how to get Kubota engine number of the block. Very helpful chap.
                          Result !! Well done fella .. thats what we like to hear .. put his name up here good service should never go un-noticed

Make sure the supply line is still good too though .. those engines are frugal and need a good clean supply

Comment

Working...
                          X