Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo EC25 safety switch problem

Hello

My Volvo sometimes doesn't start when in safety position and yet does some other times. I feel there might be a switch issue or something like that. Would anyone know the cause of this problem?

Cheers

Originally posted by EvanJohn2012 View Post
    Hello

My Volvo sometimes doesn't start when in safety position and yet does some other times. I feel there might be a switch issue or something like that. Would anyone know the cause of this problem?

Cheers
    Is it the micro switch type with the little roller wheel on it ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Is it the micro switch type with the little roller wheel on it ?
      I'm not too sure. It could be. It started up fine today, but it does tend to play up.

Cheers

Comment

Well you will have to be a bit more specific if you want help !! Pictures would be good
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          Well you will have to be a bit more specific if you want help !! Pictures would be good
          Sorry! I had a good look today and it's a micro roller. So would there be an issue with that causing it not to start sometimes?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by EvanJohn2012 View Post
            Sorry! I had a good look today and it's a micro roller. So would there be an issue with that causing it not to start sometimes?

Cheers
            Well theres two things that can go wrong with those, either the wheel goes off its track periodically and doesn't close the circuit because its positional adjustment is wrong, or more commonly it just jams in. You can free them up with WD40, but you really need to remove them from the arm to do this, and work the switch ... this then kicks in the next problem, re-positioning it they are a pain in the ass to do sometimes .. two small allen keys hold it in place IIRC .. so you might need a couple of go's to re fit it correctly.. I've even seen shims under some before now but persivere .. you will get it

Comment

Working...
            X