Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo hydraulics

hello

looking for some advice if I could!! Have an old 2001 Volvo ec15b with a burst hose that goes to blade/dozer, I wish to rectify this but wondering how I access the other end as it appears to right into centre of slew area... Is floor up best access?

Many thanks
    phil

ps what engine oil do Folk suggest!

Thanks

Access from underneath .. its one of the bottom hoses off the rotary distributer .. get it up on some sleepers to be safe .. dont jack it up and take a risk ! you cant trust a hydraulic hose ..

Oil is AWS 32 grade

Welcome
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks Muzz, will I be able to access with spanner from underside?

what about engine oil? It's the l3 Mitsubishi I guess? As planning a wee service

thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Philthy View Post
        Thanks Muzz, will I be able to access with spanner from underside?

what about engine oil? It's the l3 Mitsubishi I guess? As planning a wee service

thanks for your help
        4 x 13 mm bolts for the plate .. bit tight for space IIRC .. 10W30/40 for engine just the usual .. L3's arent too fussy AFAIAA
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks Muzz great info got hose no bother it was top one so had to remove lower two first.. Plumbed them up wrong way round lol but fix that next time..

guess i I should drain hyd oil and replenish. Any idea of volume

Comment

Thanks Muzz great info got hose no bother it was top one so had to remove lower two first.. Plumbed them up wrong way round lol but fix that next time..

guess i I should drain hyd oil and replenish. Any idea of volume
            I usually suggest using coloured bag ties to avoid that .. its amazing how many combinations of six hoses there are .. no need to drain oil its always under pressure so no dirt should have got in, just top it up to half way up the window under te seat with all rams at mid stroke.

Comment

If you are worried about dirt, theres a spin on filter under the seat wouldnt do any harm in changing

Comment

Exhaust

Hi Muzz

any tips on removing exhaust as I can't seem to get at the silencer box bracket, is it engine out?

thanks
                phil

Comment

Hi Muzz

any tips on removing exhaust as I can't seem to get at the silencer box bracket, is it engine out?

thanks
                  phil
                  Almost .. you need to move it forward .. have a look on here for the starter removal thread, it explains all about the exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                    Almost .. you need to move it forward .. have a look on here for the starter removal thread, it explains all about the exhaust
                    Thanks bud good write up. I think I'll throw on gum gum clamp to shut her up for a week or two.

What at engine oil do you use on yours?

Comment

IMG_3802.jpgEc15b has 33 litres of hydraulic oil.

will change mine to -46 grade oil tomorrow.

Comment

Changed the oil. Oil was a bit grayish in colour. Drained some 20 litres and filled back 20 litres. Started the engine and the oil level went down remarkably and remained still a bit over the recommended level.

Gray colour is a sign of some water in the system?

Comment

Its only natural that you will get some condensation in a hot metal tank when the machine cools down, so water contamination is not unusual , but it depends on the system the machine uses. My old Fordson Major tractor hydraulic oil looks like custard

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                            Its only natural that you will get some condensation in a hot metal tank when the machine cools down, so water contamination is not unusual , but it depends on the system the machine uses. My old Fordson Major tractor hydraulic oil looks like custard
                            Custard translates to Finnish as a type of sauce made of milk and eggs.

There is some air space and when ever the temperature of the surfaces reaches dew point, moisture in the air condensates.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
                              Custard translates to Finnish as a type of sauce made of milk and eggs.

There is some air space and when ever the temperature of the surfaces reaches dew point, moisture in the air condensates.
                              Correct .. yellow and thick as .. but she still works even after 60 years .. as good as new ,, now that IS proper engineering

Comment

Working...
                              X