Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Intro

Hi all,

Just stumbled on this forum which looks a great resource for newbs like me, not sure I will be able to contribute anything worthwhile though

After reading a few threads, I'm thinking I should've done that before committing to buying a 2008 JCB 8014 but hopefully it will be good enough for what I need. I'll be using it for various jobs around a house I've just purchased needing a lot of renovation work, (spent 6 hours yesterday with a brush cutter and hardly made a dent in the job) and thought about hiring but would prefer the convenience of it being available whenever - ok, I also always fancied a digger, what man doesn't?

Machine came with no manuals so about to purchase a service manual off ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JCB-8014-8...EAAOSwLVZVzWfg Can anyone comment on version differences year to year? Do you think the differences will be small enough that it won't matter which year this manual is for, given I just want to give it a decent service?

Also, if someone is kind enough to be able to email me one, I'd be happier to make a paypal payment to them for a couple of beers or make a donation to the forum admin to help with running costs.

Many thanks
    Mike

Welcome Mike .. that manual should be ok , but you know where to ask if it isnt
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

greetings Mike and welcome to the P&CF ..... plenty of advice to be had here ...... every man should have (and needs) a digger

yer know what they say about boys and their toys
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Hello to you!

Hope you'll feel at home, got questions and also answers

Also, everyone seems to love pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
          Hello to you!

Hope you'll feel at home, got questions and also answers

Also, everyone seems to love pictures
          Patience Boyo .... he gotta get his post count up first
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

one year on

Hi Mike

How is the house building going? - I have just started on a similar journey!

Have you had success with your machine?

Cheers

Originally posted by MikeA View Post
            Hi all,

Just stumbled on this forum which looks a great resource for newbs like me, not sure I will be able to contribute anything worthwhile though

After reading a few threads, I'm thinking I should've done that before committing to buying a 2008 JCB 8014 but hopefully it will be good enough for what I need. I'll be using it for various jobs around a house I've just purchased needing a lot of renovation work, (spent 6 hours yesterday with a brush cutter and hardly made a dent in the job) and thought about hiring but would prefer the convenience of it being available whenever - ok, I also always fancied a digger, what man doesn't?

Machine came with no manuals so about to purchase a service manual off ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JCB-8014-8...EAAOSwLVZVzWfg Can anyone comment on version differences year to year? Do you think the differences will be small enough that it won't matter which year this manual is for, given I just want to give it a decent service?

Also, if someone is kind enough to be able to email me one, I'd be happier to make a paypal payment to them for a couple of beers or make a donation to the forum admin to help with running costs.

Many thanks
            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by doug18 View Post
              Hi Mike

How is the house building going? - I have just started on a similar journey!

Have you had success with your machine?

Cheers
              Don't hold your breath Doug, Mike made his one and only post, looked back in the next day, and hasn't returned since.
              Good luck with yours, by the way, and welcome.

Comment

Working...
              X