Which digger from 5 to 12 ton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which digger from 5 to 12 ton

Right guys a thought that's been crossing my mind lately is what's the best digger size/manufacturer between the 5 & 12 ton range as in the next 2 years I might like to get myself a bigger machine!

I've never heard bad things about Kubota Jim and they have engines in a lot of other different manufacturers. I know myself if I could afford it I'd get a KX080, I've also looked at the Terex machines and tried out a couple different models and really thought they had it together and all your important maintenance items seem to be well located under the bonnet. I just don't know what parts and dealer support is like.

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
      I'd get a KX080,
      They are good .. the brand is good .. I have two of their 8 tonners at the moment .. but I'd like to see a few more before I made a choice
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Muz what are your thoughts on the serviceability of Hitachi/ John Deere excavators?

Comment

Wll if I were to go again t'would be a hitter..............

Wee Jim what the budget??
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
            Wll if I were to go again t'would be a hitter..............

Wee Jim what the budget??
            Well it won't be till 2014 summer of but I think about 10/15k

Comment

http://www.cbg.ie/Used-Car/Hitachi/Z...Dublin/5108016
              A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Just ever so slightly over budget Stock ............

Comment

Muz what are your thoughts on the serviceability of Hitachi/ John Deere excavators?
                  Dunno what Deeres are here in Europe .. if we get them at all ? .. tractors yes but dunno who badges what excavator Deere wise ?.....perhaps others can say

As for Hitachi .. yes another very strong brand here in UK , supported by a very good dealer set up too here.

Serviceability wise .. excellent .. although you wont be reaching for your spanners very often all the ones Ive owned have been top bits of kit .. and best of all .. they hold their value really well .. even ten year old machines on the 13 -14 tonne size will still comfortably make £15000 value ex a purchase of £50000. The rule of thumb here is usually 50% value after 3-4 years so to still be holding 30% after 10 is pretty good IMO

The one exception is their micro .. what a dog
                  Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Well if they were sold in the U.K. They'd likely be the same as here a rebadged Hitachi with select models having a shitty Deere engine instead of a nice Isuzu. How do Cat excavators fair on the used market? I myself and I know others dont have much regard for Cat excavators usually citing them as slow gutless and having a lousy 'feel' to the controls.

Comment

Well if they were sold in the U.K. They'd likely be the same as here a rebadged Hitachi with select models having a shitty Deere engine instead of a nice Isuzu. How do Cat excavators fair on the used market? I myself and I know others dont have much regard for Cat excavators usually citing them as slow gutless and having a lousy 'feel' to the controls.
                      Theyre not the worst .. they have a kind of Halo effect .. like the models that Just Continually Break .. some people think the sun shines out of their exhaust pipes, but I've never been a fan .. the last 6 tonner they sent me had a terrific undercarriage, it was like riding on a magic carpet with this thing, but .. it was let down by build quality and annoying stupid things like a switch that changed the dozer lever from operating the dozer, to boom off set .. I mean come on ? .. who designs that sort of shit ?

Comment

Kubota 52u or kx080 for me like

Comment

My friend has a hitachi ex120 digger,it works well.I have some good expression to it.
                          Excavator dozer parts supplier
                          http://www.machinery-parts.net/

Comment

Originally posted by alanmurfee
                            The CAT 311CU are fairly good for their size, can weigh arond 11 to 13 tons, and dig like a 13-15 tonner, You cant go wrong with the Cat 311. Case is plastic free and built really well.
                            MMMMmmmmmm ... after I moved on my EX135 ... Ive been looking for an 11 tonner .. Hitachi do one but its rare ... is this a Euro spec machine Alan ? .. I see youve registered with a UK location .... and welcome to the forum BTW

Comment

Working...
                            X