A few for the old and bold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few for the old and bold!

Heres a few toys i found in Afghanistan last year. Guessing they where left over from the Americans in the 70's. Anyone name them?

And heres yours truly with a special piece of machinery from JCB, Anyone familiar with it?

Is there such thing as half a hole?

Cool I'm guessing HCC doesent stand for Hampshire County Council wonder what it does stand for ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

The Hitachi with the burnt cab looks like a UH series .
      Grader looks to be a Cat 14
      The Scraper ,a cat DW20 .
      Bert may be able to ID the other excavators , or disagree with my IDs .

Comment

I think you meant the Russians in the seventies but those two old excavators could be Demag which use to be a German make of excavator until Komatsu took them over. Either that or something made in one of the former eastern bloc countries. The Hitachi is definitely an "EX" series possibly a EX200.

Comment

Yep meant the russians, been a long day!

Comment

HMEE........ a high speed rubbertyred digger for convoy use..............
            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Among other things yes! Spent 8 months couped up inside that thing, best bit of machinery i have ever used!

Comment

How was the visibility in that JCB thing with all the armour? Those high speed backhoes aren't a bad idea just to bad they're so expensive.

Comment

Limited vis but you do get used to it. Managed 75mph out of mine!

Comment

Wow!

Comment

What a bloody waste...i hate seeing old plant just left to disintegrate like that ....
                      Dial before you dig

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                        Wow!
                        +1

you gotta be kidding
                        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

The development of a backhoe's that can travel that fast has been going on for a little while now Canada bought something similar using Case components like the backhoe and the loader but was all built in country here.

Comment

Australia has it's own version too .I posted a link to it somewhere on the forum .

Comment

Yea it was designed to keep up with the rest of the convoy that it worked with.

Comment

Working...
                              X