Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updates

One than some will have seen before and others won't have....

So last summer I moved to a strange place in the distant east. where weirdly I see 6+ story buildings everyday and go on motorways everyday. (beforehand I had driven on but 1).

A summer completed, and money with the propertys of thermite in my pocket I set out and brought my first Backhoe, Ive had the JD450A for the past 7 years and it was given to me, so the backhoe is really my first truely brought machine, and in only 3 months it'll be out of the red and in the black

Aside from that nothings really changed since last year, still in quarrys, still muckshifting and still wishing I was closer to home although that changes day to day. Roll on the summer and 10hr days doing what I love.

As for how long I will keep it up... at least until november. then it'll be time to reaccess the situation. Currently im hoping to do another year after maybe more but you just don't know what the future holds. I'd like to buy some land before I finish.

On a home note, I have had my first hire of the year. admittedly only two days but considering it was for a firm I used to work for (the mini goes to them for £20 a day as it always comes back in A1 condition).

But anyway some piccys.
    Attached Files
    http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

I'm glad to see your backhoe is working good for you Rory and that you have work for it. I think it's good that your able to do this while your young and still single, I kinda wish I had been able to jump on my dream at a younger age I might try it this year but have been saying it for three or four years now. lol

Comment

Its not earning money atm bert but it's earning help on repairs... taking my lil kemppi welder back up this week to fix some lil bits.

Really more by luck than judgement that it's all fallen into place... will it work out when I bring it home.... god knows?
      http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

Comment

Looks like a nice machine Rory .
        Good to hear you are making money ,and mostly enjoying your job .

Comment

Originally posted by JD450A View Post
          Its not earning money atm bert but it's earning help on repairs... taking my lil kemppi welder back up this week to fix some lil bits.

Really more by luck than judgement that it's all fallen into place... will it work out when I bring it home.... god knows?
          I'm still impressed and a little jealous my friend, but it's giving me more incentive to get my rear in gear and start a little something for myself. I might try going west again as I had another job offer and if things work out I might be able to pay cash for a used mini that I have been seeing on a local used 'stuff' website as of late. If you ever get the opportunity try showing us 'Westerners' how that slidey bit works on the backhoe I have only seen one once in my lifetime everything here is otherwise center point swing or whatever you wanna call it with the fold down legs.

Comment

Working...
          X