Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic problems on 801

Hi All,

Quick introduction, My name is Michael, and I'm from Ireland. Hope you are all keeping well :)

I was hoping someone here might shed some light on an issue for me. I think one of the pumps on my 801 is not giving/getting enough power, symptoms are:
    The right hand track doesn't have the same power as the left.
    The inner boom ram (from the kingpin) doesn't seem to have full power
    The cab slew doesn't seem to have full power.

Are these related? does one pump do all three? And if so, does anyone know which pump it might be?
    Has anyone else had a similar problem, and how did you fix it?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

Michael

Originally posted by diggermad View Post
    Hi All,

Quick introduction, My name is Michael, and I'm from Ireland. Hope you are all keeping well :)

I was hoping someone here might shed some light on an issue for me. I think one of the pumps on my 801 is not giving/getting enough power, symptoms are:
    The right hand track doesn't have the same power as the left.
    The inner boom ram (from the kingpin) doesn't seem to have full power
    The cab slew doesn't seem to have full power.

Are these related? does one pump do all three? And if so, does anyone know which pump it might be?
    Has anyone else had a similar problem, and how did you fix it?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

Michael
    Hi Michael .. welcome to the forum

Simple answer is does the pump have a single feed/exit .. or 3 seperate outputs.

If the pump has three smaller guage outlets then its a triple section gear pump, and each bank supplies different services as you've described.... and one of the bank is down in pressure because its most likely worn.

If your pump has just a single outlet then its a block problem, and most likely a relief valve .. let us know then we can suggest a fix .. although I hate to tell you , if your pump is the first one I mentioned, then its a new pump I'm afraid, but dont worry, they arent stupid money if you know where to look
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Hi Michael .. welcome to the forum

Simple answer is does the pump have a single feed/exit .. or 3 seperate outputs.

If the pump has three smaller guage outlets then its a triple section gear pump, and each bank supplies different services as you've described.... and one of the bank is down in pressure because its most likely worn.

If your pump has just a single outlet then its a block problem, and most likely a relief valve .. let us know then we can suggest a fix .. although I hate to tell you , if your pump is the first one I mentioned, then its a new pump I'm afraid, but dont worry, they arent stupid money if you know where to look
      Hi Muz,
      Thanks for the answer, sorry for the delay in responding, I'm well out in the sticks with very poor internet service, and didn't get an email saying there was a new message.
      The system has 3 pumps, so when you say block problem and relief valve, is that just a clean needed on the valve?
      Do you have any idea which pump it might be? would those 3 functions be connected or is it just a coincidence?
      Again, thanks for all the help, and any suggestions would be great.

Regards
      Michael

Comment

Well if theres 3 outlets .. its a triple section gear pump .. the thing that bothers me is that the services you have said are slow , arent usually shared, the track drive on one/any side are not normally shared with the boom lift or slew, on any machine Ive worked on, because the designers would never intend oil to be deprived of two essential services together, so it suggests your pump is pretty much humped.

I would never suggest buying a new one though untill you can get the old one pressure tested to confirm its faulty.

For that you will need access to guages, or somone who can do this for you, and the work shop manual or some confirmed advice, as to what the correct working pressures for that machine should be
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Well if theres 3 outlets .. its a triple section gear pump .. the thing that bothers me is that the services you have said are slow , arent usually shared, the track drive on one/any side are not normally shared with the boom lift or slew, on any machine Ive worked on, because the designers would never intend oil to be deprived of two essential services together, so it suggests your pump is pretty much humped.

I would never suggest buying a new one though untill you can get the old one pressure tested to confirm its faulty.

For that you will need access to guages, or somone who can do this for you, and the work shop manual or some confirmed advice, as to what the correct working pressures for that machine should be

Thanks Muz,

Off to the electronic shop for me, Is there a recommended supplier of manuals? or have you found someone that sells them at a reasonable price?
          Really appreciate all the advice, hopefully I can help someone else on here someday :P

Off to the bed now, early start tomorrow.

Comment

There is a thread on the forum h somewhere with someone who has a manual for the 801 they can get you a copy of!

Comment

Here it is it might help! http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...-for-JCB-801-4

Comment

Thanks Muz,

Off to the electronic shop for me,
                Umm.. hydraulic guages .. not electronic

Comment

Umm.. hydraulic guages .. not electronic
                  Haha, yeah, I did say I was tired didn't I?Or maybe I just wanted a digital readout guage........ am I fooling anyone? No... OK.And thanks Wee Jim, I saw that post, but noticed there is now a "ten useful post" limit in place, which I fully understand, I've seen to many forums just become "me too" with people never offering their own support.So, either I buy one, or someone asks a question that I can help with :)

Comment

Haha, yeah, I did say I was tired didn't I?Or maybe I just wanted a digital readout guage........ am I fooling anyone? No... OK.And thanks Wee Jim, I saw that post, but noticed there is now a "ten useful post" limit in place, which I fully understand, I've seen to many forums just become "me too" with people never offering their own support.So, either I buy one, or someone asks a question that I can help with :)
                    We will attempt to help anyone who is willing to contribute to the forum. I learnt my lesson some one asked for a manual which I supplied and I not seen hide of hair of him since. We don't ask for much just some input and some info that may assist someone else......
                    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Working...
                    X