Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess what these are and what there for ..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess what these are and what there for ..............

A driven man with a burning passion.

Mr stock just told me right ,but will leave it see if anyone else knows .

Comment

Metal balls for crushing rock in a ball mill?

Comment

Dunno but .. it looks like a handy amount of ammo for my black widow to keep the foxes out my garden
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

cleaning

from a foundry maybe , for cleaning castings ??

Comment

Originally posted by d4c24a View Post
            from a foundry maybe , for cleaning castings ??
            Ahhh .. that makes sense
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              Ahhh .. that makes sense

i think they call it steel shot
              tumbler springs to mind
              Last edited by d4c24a; 21-08-2013, 06:09 PM. Reason: thought

Comment

We will thicken the soup...............

Comment

Guess folks don't like my soup...................

So what does this do............

Comment

well I can see bits of slag or pumice in with the shot so it must be used for cleaning something ?

Comment

It is part of a manufacturing process where coal is imported and crushed to a fine powder in the ball mill, hence the steel balls.There is about 15 ton of them in the mill. Every so often the balls are taken out and graded by the machine in the picture above. It is a rotary trommel that grades the steel balls as they wear with in the mill. those barrels of balls are 30 gal and each weigh a ton.

Comment

Hehe .. well it had me guessing .. I had no clue .. come on .. more of the same stock .. the last digger one was good .. infact I started a 'can you guess what is it yet ?' thread .. but it came to nothing .. maybe we should start that one up again too

Comment

Well Muz I have heard of this process over the years but only recently got the chance to record it and watch the grading in process. Seeing the barrels lined up I thought to myself the lads may appreciate that so that was that...............

Damn loud process though listening to all them steel balls being trommeled

Comment

So I was right for the most part...I guess all those years of reading my dad's Mining Engineering magazines paid off.

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                              So I was right for the most part...I guess all those years of reading my dad's Mining Engineering magazines paid off.
                              I think youve got at least half of the winning P&C dog biscuit for sure

Comment

Working...
                              X