Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have I got?

Hi,
    Not sure whether this is the right place but here goes. Bought a Lifton Dumper -told it was a 850 year 2002 but not sure. Can anyone advise where I`d find a chassis number? When I`ve established what it is with a few faults to "iron" out would like to locate a manual. Hopefully have managed to attach pics.
    Thanks Jan
    Attached Files

Originally posted by jddevel View Post
    Hi,
    Not sure whether this is the right place but here goes. Bought a Lifton Dumper -told it was a 850 year 2002 but not sure. Can anyone advise where I`d find a chassis number? When I`ve established what it is with a few faults to "iron" out would like to locate a manual. Hopefully have managed to attach pics.
    Thanks Jan

Its a set of numbers stamped into the right hand step mount .. if you look at the step on the upper part of the flat area they should be stamped there I think its a bit newer than that as the red ones were 05 ish IIRC (unless its been painted)

*Edit* I think youve deleted the pics from the editor as they are not clickable ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks Muz will check tomorrow have tried to re attach pictures.
      Regards JD
      Attached Files

Comment

From the proportions in the photo, I'd say that's a 1501. I've got a 1501, it looks very similar but its yellow not red (not sure of the difference). I've got a pdf manual for mine that I can send you but I think you should get one which is specific to your machine. On mine there is a type label just forward of the middle articulation swivel riveted to the chassis under the bucket on the opposite side to the battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
          From the proportions in the photo, I'd say that's a 1501. I've got a 1501, it looks very similar but its yellow not red (not sure of the difference). I've got a pdf manual for mine that I can send you but I think you should get one which is specific to your machine. On mine there is a type label just forward of the middle articulation swivel riveted to the chassis under the bucket on the opposite side to the battery.
          Thanks Bobtheduilder. Pretty sure its a 850. Unfortunatly previous owners have made wiring "modifications" which need to be corrected. Many cables just tapped off and components by passed. So need a diagram to try and sort it out. Don't know whether yours would help?

Comment

Thanks Bobtheduilder. Pretty sure its a 850.
            It is.. most were yellow though, they went red at the 1001 stage
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks Bobtheduilder. Pretty sure its a 850. Unfortunatly previous owners have made wiring "modifications" which need to be corrected. Many cables just tapped off and components by passed. So need a diagram to try and sort it out. Don't know whether yours would help?
              I managed to get hold of a wiring diagram for my 1501 but the quality was poor and even with a very good electrical and electronic background, I found it hard going - what I really needed was a good circuit diagram. Wiring diagrams often depict the cable harness and various electrical components as a form of schematic. A good circuit diagram will however normally show every wire and connection including what is going on inside the various components so you can understand how it all works together. I think you'll need a circuit diagram if your wiring has been badly messed about with. I'm trying to fix some issues on a Manitou telehandler at the moment and I'd kill for a good circuit diagram. As I'm tracing stuff trough I'm drawing it out!!! Good luck and perhaps note my previous posts to this forum regarding the fuel shut off solenoid which took me days to resolve!!

Comment

Working...
              X