lifting equipment certificate training help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lifting equipment certificate training help needed

Hello all, I'm new here and was hopi g for some advice.

I have just started work withna company and the main part of my job role is hiring out safey/survey tools aswell as lifting equipment. Now this is the 1st time i have work in this sort of indestory before so it all new to me.

As im sure most of you are aware lifting equipment should go throuh examination every 6 months. I had to attended a training course a few weeks ago. This was a half day course and it turns out that this course was just for visual inspections on lifting equipment. So and certs I write up would tech not be valid.

My employer has asked me to look for the correct course so that the right inspections can be done in house by me. And not have to be out sourced to other companies which is whatbinhave been doing since i found out.

Speacking with the inspectors that have been doing our equipment they mentioned leea. I have been on there site but i cant seem to determin which is the correct course i need to do as any thing to do with lifting equipment all seems to read the same to me.

So i wondered if any one could shead some light on what would be the correct course.

The equipment i would be checking are slings/strops, round slings, shackles and chain slings (single to 4 legs)
    I need the correct course that enables me to do the 6 month inspections and write a valid cert for them to obide by the law of course.

I cant post the link as im posting from tablet, but on the leea website and training page i cant tell if its the appointed person or certifying lifting equipment I need.
    Can any one help i greatley aprechate it. Thanks

http://www.leea.co.uk/html/training-...pment-general/

http://www.leea.co.uk/html/training-...the-team-card/

Follow these links and all will be revealed.....

The appointed person is to do with cranes and organising and planning lifts...............
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

been some time since i have been on here but thought I would say I have now done the training and passed so all is now good in that area, happy days.

Comment

Originally posted by asoe209 View Post
        been some time since i have been on here but thought I would say I have now done the training and passed so all is now good in that area, happy days.
        Well done there, even congratulations so why not tell those of us who may anticipate following you example what's involved and your experience of the whole affair
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Well lets see now, the course I attended was a 2 day course the aim being to understand the laws and of course how to perform a examinations on lifting gear/accessories. this included sling, wire rope, chins shackles, block chains, jacks etc.

It was an eye opener for me, as most of what was there my company don't use or at least I have not come accords them yet. we went through the sort of things you need to look out for when doing an examination, sings of wear cracking etc. and and keeping records of our finding logging every thing down. again that was good as its some thing the company was not doing. although they were making certs there were now other records of testing. so i will now keep my own register of the hand written examination and defect sheets of what i examine on a monthly bases before typing out my certs.

half of the second day was tests so we had a written and practical test. I came highest in the class lol just thought I would add that. 2 marks off 100%

also got to learn about weight loads and how to calculate them for doing a safe life which was interesting. ill prob never have to use the equipment my self but its good to know as im not sure every one that uses them does.

i know the company that took the core are bodied by LEEA but im not sure if we will also be covered by them ill have to check that out. It was Certex I went with in the end if i can say there name.

all in all it was good.

Comment

Working...
          X