VAT rise to 20%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAT rise to 20%

Ive got a funny feeling this is gonna hit a lot of people harder than they think. Rational says that when it was dropped to 15% no one really noticed, but now its gone up every one is complaining, but there is more to it here

Feck beer up again .. well its fuel isnt it ? .. maybe its cos I live in Argyll

Ok sorry .. some serious comment ............how much for the beer for cash ? :D

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
      Feck beer up again .. well its fuel isnt it ? .. maybe its cos I live in Argyll

Ok sorry .. some serious comment ............how much for the beer for cash ? :D
      Stop drinking the stuff and give us some comment then

Comment

I agree those cowboys are just going to rule the roost .. lifes tough enough as it is :angry:

Comment

Yep .. evryone gonna want evrything done for cash .. its gonna make it real hard .. why do the whitehall bunch think this is gonna work ? ..... I spose the theory is that it will for stuff like petrol and tv's etc .. but the thing is peeps are buying a lot less of that stuff anyway ?
          Frank Daily .. yesterday .. today.. tomorrow .. everyday

Comment

Well so far we in OZ have been spared any rises . Here it is GST ,Goods and services tax . It came in ,in first of July, 2000.
            10% ,Food was exempted ,but if it is takeaway food ,it has GST . My plant hire hours dropped over half in the first month it came in . It is quite amazing that the government has not raised it in over 10 years . Ian .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
              Well so far we in OZ have been spared any rises . Here it is GST ,Goods and services tax . It came in ,in first of July, 2000.
              10% ,Food was exempted ,but if it is takeaway food ,it has GST . My plant hire hours dropped over half in the first month it came in . It is quite amazing that the government has not raised it in over 10 years . Ian .
              Are you saying you had no tax on the supply of goods before 2000 ?

Comment

There was Sales tax ,but there were heaps of exemptions .Farmers and commecial fishermen did not pay sales tax.. It was a minefield with different rates for different uses and goods . The sales tax was i trhink only on manufactured goods . If you bought a load of topsoil there was no salestax. It was the services part that was the money maker for the government. I did not charge tax on any thing i did people did not pay tax on hire of machines . If you landscaped someones yard you did not charge tax on soil landscaping rocks gravel or the machine hire . If you did a job for $10000 ,suddenly it became $11000.Customers were pissed off about having to pay an extra $1000 .Shit they were Pissed off having to pay an extra ten dollars on a one hundred dollar hire job . Basicly after it came in i became an unpaid tax collector for the goverment .. Ian .

Comment

There was Sales tax ,but there were heaps of exemptions .Farmers and commecial fishermen did not pay sales tax.. It was a minefield with different rates for different uses and goods . The sales tax was i trhink only on manufactured goods . If you bought a load of topsoil there was no salestax. It was the services part that was the money maker for the government. I did not charge tax on any thing i did people did not pay tax on hire of machines . If you landscaped someones yard you did not charge tax on soil landscaping rocks gravel or the machine hire . If you did a job for $10000 ,suddenly it became $11000.Customers were pissed off about having to pay an extra $1000 .Shit they were Pissed off having to pay an extra ten dollars on a one hundred dollar hire job . Basicly after it came in i became an unpaid tax collector for the goverment .. Ian .
                  Holy smoke .. Ive been an unpaid tax collector for this lot since I started out ... you guys have been having a fecking ball !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Garry View Post
                    Holy smoke .. Ive been an unpaid tax collector for this lot since I started out ... you guys have been having a fecking ball !!!!
                    Stupidest part about it you have to be registered to charge GST . Which means anything business related i buy i claim back the GST . So when we bought our $200000 excavator we got $20000 credit . But people can have businesses and not register for GST ,and therefore not charge it. This means i give a price on a job for 11 grand ,one grand i gotta give to the government , But old unregistered mate gives a price of 10 grand who misses out on the job , me and who misses out on a grand ,the government . . Now unregistered mate can not claim back GST ,so the say 100 dollars he paid for stuff gets sent to the government and the cuistomer gets a 900 dollar saving .Or Old maqte charges them10500 dollars still gives the goverment their 100 and pockets 400 dollars . Good system hey .

Comment

Knew there was something funny about you ian ....................a feckin revenuer ooooohhhh how low .................and unpaid to boot..............even the revenue bar stewards here take............................... the pieces of sliver
                      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                        Knew there was something funny about you ian ....................a feckin revenuer ooooohhhh how low .................and unpaid to boot..............even the revenue bar stewards here take............................... the pieces of sliver
                        So how does to tax system work in the emerald isle ,Beside you make some money and the government does its best to remove as much as possible from You. Ian .

Comment

So how does to tax system work in the emerald isle ,Beside you make some money and the government does its best to remove as much as possible from You. Ian .
                          When this new government,local council,health service,IMF & ECB, we will wind up working and paying them for the privilege. We can expect, property tax,water tax, increase in Vat, road tax (rego) etc etc
                          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                            When this new government,local council,health service,IMF & ECB, we will wind up working and paying them for the privilege. We can expect, property tax,water tax, increase in Vat, road tax (rego) etc etc
                            Well ,As a {IN}Famous politician from over heresaid Please Explain ????. We don't have a property tax ,Unless your term for it is different than ours .Over here state government decided to amalgermate the local councils . We had 3 local councils have to join together Red tape has tripled and Land rates increased .We pay around $3000 a year now plus water useage on top of that .Registration for our mack and the hino is $3200 a year Diesel is $1.40 a litre but we get GST back and 16 cents a litre off as well , But have to wait 3 months to claim it Wifes 4 cylinder car is $630 a year to register ,our nissan patrol utes are over $800 . Ian .

Comment

Well dont start me on tax .. I rekon the UK is one of thee most heavily taxed countries in the world your GST is clearly our VAT then, but its all the other stuff corporation tax on company profits, your own income tax on what you draw, and a miriad of indirect stuff like rates, car & truck taxes, all our fuel has an element of tax/duty on it AND also VAT and we are currently paying £1.30/litre about 66% of which is pure tax .. so you are paying £0.87 pence per litre over there .. or the other way round we are effectively paying $2.08 per litre. My 30 tonne truck costs £600 or $961 per year to tax so thats a lot cheaper than in oz It used to be double that but the tanker drivers all went out on strike in 2000 and the government cut the road tax in half. So what did they then do ? .. put evrything else up .. I have a BMW X5 4.8 that now costs £405 in road tax every year .. so how can you compare an X5 to a 30 tonne truck and only £195 difference to tax ? Ofcourse the scania truck generates a lot of revenue in tax because it uses so much more fuel currently it averages 9 miles to the gallon
                              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
                              X