Got me a grapple!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got me a grapple!

I got me a grapple for the 8018. It's a good bit of kit! And will be very handy!
    Attached Files

looks good Jim have to say I have thought about one sometimes when doing brush clearance etc
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Yeah that's one of the things I am planning on doing with it! I will keep you updated with pics!

Comment

Was it tippy with that log in the claw? lol

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
          Was it tippy with that log in the claw? lol
          Well it did have Jim in the machine as a counter balance
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

No it wasn't tippy. It's very stable with the tracks out wide!

Comment

Did the . .. . Just Continually Breaks company replace your tracks Jim ?

Comment

Yup I got 2 new tracks off of the warrety!!

1 track was splitting across and the other stretched and was knackered less than a year so I got 2 new tracks!!

Comment

The bracket for the equaliser bar I felt was too low down the dipper but as the length of the bar supplied dictated the length and not knowing much about it we just fitted it as best we thought. I found that's when the bucket was on and crowded right in it only left like 75mm or so between the bucket and the bracket so the solution was to cut off the bracket move it a foot further up the dipper and make a longer bar which is what I did!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yup looks like moving the bracket was the best thing to do! I will be emailing the company to recommend longer bars in future!

Comment

It looks like a decent thumb or grapple. Most of the thumbs and grapples I come across here are made so the bucket pin is also the thumb pin making it that much more difficult to remove when its not needed.

Comment

Working...
                      X