X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SxS & DD9G CATs - amazing !!

Tripped over this looking for something else

https://deltaheavyindustries.wordpre...g/caterpillar/

If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

link won't work...................sorry guys so here is another

A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
      link won't work...
      seems ok ?

Interesting concept though never seen those
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90Nry4E4uY0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEiOo9tEHLA

Comment

Another noisy beastie

A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

I have seen a restored Euclid TC-12 running back in 2005 each side of the machine had a Detroit 6-71 diesel engine coupled to an Allison transmission and final drive, the machine was unique in that it pivoted in the middle to maintain good ground contact for the tracks. The one I saw had a cushion blade for push loading scrapers.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
              Another noisy beastie
              Sweet!! Can't miss a Detroit barking can yer - guessing 2 strokes too by the howl !!
              If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                I have seen a restored Euclid TC-12 running back in 2005 each side of the machine had a Detroit 6-71 diesel engine coupled to an Allison transmission and final drive, the machine was unique in that it pivoted in the middle to maintain good ground contact for the tracks. The one I saw had a cushion blade for push loading scrapers.
                I see .. so the dozer was in half .. one engine per track and side ?
                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                  Looked like it in Stock's video Muz - two V12s too if I recall right Pure music!

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                    That's correct Muz technically it's two tractors in one, there is a good book about the early days of Euclid/Terex called 'Euclid and Terex Earthmoving Machines' by Eric Orlemann it's a good book and has a large chapter dedicated to this dozer as well the massive Terex Titan.

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                      Looked like it in Stock's video Muz - two V12s too if I recall right Pure music!
                      No those diesels were inline 6 cylinder Detroit diesel engines or 6-71 which means six cylinders inline of 71 cubic inches each. If they had been in a V configuration then they would be called 6V-71. The gross horsepower of the TC-12-2 was 454h.p. with a weight of 69,000lbs in 1959 when they were new. This was the largest dozer designed and manufactured by General Motors Euclid division and later Terex division.

Comment

That's correct Muz technically it's two tractors in one, there is a good book about the early days of Euclid/Terex called 'Euclid and Terex Earthmoving Machines' by Eric Orlemann it's a good book and has a large chapter dedicated to this dozer as well the massive Terex Titan.

Have you got any pix of the Titan Bert? Sounds impressive

Comment

No those diesels were inline 6 cylinder Detroit diesel engines or 6-71 which means six cylinders inline of 71 cubic inches each. If they had been in a V configuration then they would be called 6V-71. The gross horsepower of the TC-12-2 was 454h.p. with a weight of 69,000lbs in 1959 when they were new.
                          '59 !! Hell they're only two years younger than me !!

They sure looked ahead of their time then

They sound amazing too!!

Comment

Yeah it says in the book they were ahead of their time and that was one of the downfalls of the series versus dozers from other manufacturers like Caterpillar and International Harvester.
                            As for the Titan I have visited the big girl but she is retired now in Sparwood, British Columbia, Canada. Here's an excerpt from the Euclid/ Terex book:
                            'The 350-ton-capacity hauler would use a diesel electric drive system, like the one used in the 33-15 (The actual model number of the Titan). But the largest Detroit Diesel Engine that GM had available was the 16V-149TI model, rated at 1,600 horsepower. This was nowhere close to the power that was going to be needed to haul a 350-ton load. So GM looked to another of it's divisions, the Electro-Motive Division (EMD), to supply the necessary powerplant. EMD produced a family of 645-cubic inch (ci) per cylinder displacement, "V" type locomotive that were available in 8-, 12-, 16-, and 20-cylinder configurations. The engine that achieved Terex's power-to-weight ratios for off-highway use was the 10,032-ci (169.5-liter) EMD Model 16-645E4. This was a two-cycle, turbocharged and aftercooled 16-cylinder rated at 3,300 gross horsepower and 3,000 fhp at 900 rpm, with an idle speed of only 315 rpm.

Diane and I went to Sparwood for the first time in 2012 which is a coal mining town in the Crowsnest Pass area of Alberta and British Columbia and serves a number of Anthracite coal mining operations that are all of the open-pit type. The area is absolutely gorgeous and the town has a number of retired underground mining machines on display as well as the massive Terex Titan as there use to be a number of underground mines in the area that were shut down in favour of open pit operations. After the coal in mined and crushed it's loaded on to loooong unit coal trains and shipped to a terminal near Vancouver, B.C. where it's loaded on to ships and hauled to Asia where it's turned in to coke and used to make steel. Last summer before our Rosie was born we came back through that area after visiting with my brother in Kelowna, B.C. and it had been repainted.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yeah it says in the book they were ahead of their time and that was one of the downfalls of the series versus dozers from other manufacturers like Caterpillar and International Harvester.
                              As for the Titan I have visited the big girl but she is retired now in Sparwood, British Columbia, Canada. Here's an excerpt from the Euclid/ Terex book:
                              'The 350-ton-capacity hauler would use a diesel electric drive system, like the one used in the 33-15 (The actual model number of the Titan). But the largest Detroit Diesel Engine that GM had available was the 16V-149TI model, rated at 1,600 horsepower. This was nowhere close to the power that was going to be needed to haul a 350-ton load. So GM looked to another of it's divisions, the Electro-Motive Division (EMD), to supply the necessary powerplant. EMD produced a family of 645-cubic inch (ci) per cylinder displacement, "V" type locomotive that were available in 8-, 12-, 16-, and 20-cylinder configurations. The engine that achieved Terex's power-to-weight ratios for off-highway use was the 10,032-ci (169.5-liter) EMD Model 16-645E4. This was a two-cycle, turbocharged and aftercooled 16-cylinder rated at 3,300 gross horsepower and 3,000 fhp at 900 rpm, with an idle speed of only 315 rpm.

Diane and I went to Sparwood for the first time in 2012 which is a coal mining town in the Crowsnest Pass area of Alberta and British Columbia and serves a number of Anthracite coal mining operations that are all of the open-pit type. The area is absolutely gorgeous and the town has a number of retired underground mining machines on display as well as the massive Terex Titan as there use to be a number of underground mines in the area that were shut down in favour of open pit operations. After the coal in mined and crushed it's loaded on to loooong unit coal trains and shipped to a terminal near Vancouver, B.C. where it's loaded on to ships and hauled to Asia where it's turned in to coke and used to make steel. Last summer before our Rosie was born we came back through that area after visiting with my brother in Kelowna, B.C. and it had been repainted.

Hi Bert, the name Titan didn't 'click' with me, until I saw the first pic!
                              I was thinking it was some colossal crawler, not that humongous dump truck

That sure was some truck eh?
                              Gra

Comment

Working...
                              X