PAT testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAT testing

Had some outfit on the phone wanting to sell us this service .. anyone know when it becomes a legal neccessity ? :?

Re: PAT testing

Is it for a limited company ?

Comment

think it should be a yearly thing ;)
      Courage is rightly considered the foremost of the virtues, for upon it, all others depend.
      Winston Churchill

Comment

Not sure that its enforced yet but most companies offer it as a yearly service .. that said your insurance company might insist on it particularly if you have 5 employees or more including the director ;)

Comment

Ok cheers for that .. bugger .. something else to look out for

Comment

I had a letter drop through the door today from these guys www.alchtech.co.uk aka Alchemist Technologies Ltd .. apart from being general IT suppliers, whom I have used to good effect before now, they also do PAT testing it seems 01387 269888 or email sales@alchtech.co.uk .. I dont work for them BTW :D HTH Dan ?
            Courage is rightly considered the foremost of the virtues, for upon it, all others depend.
            Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Kev
              I had a letter drop through the door today from these guys http://www.alchtech.co.uk aka Alchemist Technologies Ltd .. apart from being general IT suppliers, whom I have used to good effect before now, they also do PAT testing it seems 01387 269888 or email sales@alchtech.co.uk .. I dont work for them BTW :D HTH Dan ?
              Ah now thats useful ;) thanks Kev ;)

Comment

Pat testing is this to make sure us paddy are on par????
                A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                  Pat testing is this to make sure us paddy are on par????
                  Lol if you are 13 amp .. then yes

Comment

But seriously..........Pat testing is portable appliance testing and to surprise you all it has to be done in line with your risk assessments.Now if you have an electrical appliance that is used once in a blue moon then a bi-annual test will do, a computer on the other hand may only need a test bi-annually or after repair; the 110v grinder and drill that fecked in to the van daily will need to have a weekly recorded inspection and be pat tested every six months.
                    Look at the use of the equipment, the abuse of the equipment, the risk assessment and make a judgement on that.

PAT testing does not negate the responsibility of the user to carry out a pre- use inspection and the employers need to have a weekly recorded inspection of all hand held electrical tooling. Don't forget to include all portable generators in these inspections.....................
                    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Now that's what I call resurrecting a seriously old thread.

Andy

Comment

Working...
                      X