Scania drive axle Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scania drive axle Brakes

Time has come to do the discs on the drive axle of my trusty 3 axle P270 .. she's been a lovely machine and now needs some work.

The discs look like they are mounted on a bearing set up that houses a free floating half shaft each side, so in principle the engineering is simple, but looks like its gonna need a puller of some sort to get the hub off, and I'm assuming it will all come out in one ? any ideas people or .. am I thinking I should just phone someone ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Well I did phone someone ... but I think he's done a runner
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Don't do much with wagons but if you email me the serial numbers I see if a manual is available................that is if he is at work .......he fell out a window while sleep walking...I kid you not and never even woke up...............................
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
        Don't do much with wagons but if you email me the serial numbers I see if a manual is available................that is if he is at work .......he fell out a window while sleep walking...I kid you not and never even woke up...............................
        Well I scoured the Internerd Stock ... eventually I found one for free .. downloaded it and it was in bloody german .. there is ........fook all out there for these trucks ? ,, I couldnt believe it ??

I think the problem is .. the disks are 18" in diameter and they need to be pulled from a bearing shell thats about 9" . So I think thats what scared my man . Any other axle no problem, but because this one has the drive gear its a different matter ... I could be wrong ? neither the tag or the fronts involve anything like this amount of work ,.. and as usual its always easy once you know the tricks .. but I cant afford her to be off the road, so I need to know either I can manage it ,.. or its a dealer job... If a proper work shop manual exists .. I'd love to know.. Its a 06 Plate P270 , 3 axle , 26 tonner .. but I gotta feeling it needs a puller to get the disk off.

Failing that .. it needs a 6 yearly tacho in December anyway, and I would just get the stealer to do it .. sticks in the craw a bit though .. you know what the stealers charge

Comment

any more info on this muz? did you do them yourself or are you waiting for the tacho in December?

Comment

Originally posted by wee_gus View Post
            any more info on this muz? did you do them yourself or are you waiting for the tacho in December?
            What a carry on this was today .. I just got back from Scania Glasgow after waiting for 3 Hours .. and problem NOT solved... I am one unhappy chappy .. will post tomorrow once Ive calmed meself down a bit

Comment

what did they do? take its a big job to do the drive axle brakes?

Comment

Originally posted by wee_gus View Post
                what did they do? take its a big job to do the drive axle brakes?
                Ok .. first of all they dissasembled the wrong axle then they put t the new discs on the correct axle .. and to all accounts the job was done and I attempted to drive out of the yard .. all the traction control lights flashed and I was going no where

Comment

Take it to the experts because they know what their doing . Did they try to charge you to fix whatever they stuffed up ?

Comment

You soon find out how good or bad a company is when there is a dispute ,make sure you follow up any verbal communication in writing and file copies ,
                    If you have a Government department of consumer affairs or fair trading they would be my second port of call if the business refuses to admit liability .

Comment

Turns out they hadn't re fitted sensors properly on the drive axle (the one that needed done)

So they fixed that, and I attempted to get out of their workshops again ... this time I got out of the gate, and all the ABS lights came on .. so back over the pit .. now 3 hours have passed and they put the computer on it this time to find out what was wrong

Looks like a problem with the near side front .. so they jacked it up, and the front wheel bearing is loose, and the wheel was hanging off absolutely shocking .. then they hadnt refitted it correctly, ... so the sensor was only doing its job .. thank god !!

I gave up and went home after that

Next morning I picked it up and spoke to the service manager. Told him I could have done this back at my yard by some part time fitters but I brought it to him expecting the job to be done right by 'the professionals' ... what a f*cking joke that is ... ?

Now just to reiterate here .. this is a five year old truck .. done 185000 kms and the work was getting done by the supplying Scania Dealer

Comment

Working...
                      X