Chain Saw Sharpening .. fast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain Saw Sharpening .. fast!

saw this clip and was quite impressed with this tool ..looks like you need to buy their guide bar too though, but hey, if its as easy to sharpen the chain this way ....I'm all for that !!! what do you think ?

Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Have seen this before. Its more for the home owner who cuts a few branches and hits the ground. You need a different bar and a different chain too. I think its crap to be fair and you cant beat sharpening it by hand (if you can do it right!) I think it would be to easy to oversharpen and wear your chain away to nothing in no time. In my opinion its just a gimmick.

Comment

A crock of shite Muz only one way to mechanically sharpen a chain and that piece of crap ain't it................
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

McCulloch used to have an auto-sharpen feature on the 310/320. The chainsaw service techs used to call the "Auto-dull."

Comment

Yeah a friend of mine was bragging about this new sharpener he bought all it is is a dremel with a stone and a little guide for the right angle. There's no doubt it works but I already have a dremel why not get somebody to make a guide for it so I don't have to buy another machine. But I'm pretty happy with my little file it doesn't take very long and it's cordless. lol

Comment

I have seen quite a few different types of sharpeners but I must admit I have never used them , several good sharp files is my preference ,and occasionly running it over the
            chain sharpener{say about every 10 filings} to correct any irregularities with angles and tooth lenght and depth gauges if necessary .....similar to this below.....

Comment

Well Ive always done mine with the old file and guides, looks like you would have to buy the chain too as Jim said, as well as the bar, so maybe thats a no then .. still fancy that idea of clipping something onto the tip and donking it off a stump to get the blade sharp though
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

For 30 quid for the bar, chain and sharpener i reckon its well worth a punt, ive heard they are great.

Comment

I like my File Best......
                  http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

Comment

Looks like you will have to buy one Muz ,then go and make some sawdust and come back here and give us a full roadtest ...

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
                      Looks like you will have to buy one Muz ,then go and make some sawdust and come back here and give us a full roadtest ...

Its a pity we couldnt get a supplier to give us an evaluation unit for some P&C testing

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                        A crock of shite Muz only one way to mechanically sharpen a chain and that piece of crap ain't it................

Well in future I better watch the video and not just jump to conclusions...................

Now that I see it is an oregon Product and has a specifically designed chain I might be forced to embrace the new technology.

Then again seeing as I have six chains, and a bench mounted sharpener maybe not.......................
                        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

I will email my friend Richard who is the owner of a Husqvarna dealership and try to get his profesional opinion on the mater.

Comment

I have a Makita unit , hmmm 24" odd bar I think and its been one of the most reliable pieces of kit Ive ever owned Ive never touched the motor and over 12 years or so its been theeee most reliable 2 stroke ever !! ..... do you think they make a bar for that ?
                            Hydraulic oil -- its in my veins - - - well I assume thats what the pain is

Comment

I think chainsaw bar's are pretty much universal.

Comment

Working...
                              X