Put yer name on it!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put yer name on it!!

Whats your guys thoughts on welding your name on your buckets? I weld Wee Jim on all mine. I know if they were stolen then I wouldnt see them again but it might stop an honest thief!

I certainly weld all mine for easy identification ..... you biggest problem will be finding the bucket !!
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

'ee Jim it only helps if you find the buckets after they have been stolen........................to identify them on a big site
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

I shall be....

All my expensive tools on site are Sprayed with my nickname + Marker Pen'd My Initials. Toolboxes are locked....

If it gets to a point when all sorts are amongst my tools I shall paint them all. but till then.....
        http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

Comment

I know i wouldnt find them again if there were stolen but maybe it would help if they ended up at an auction or on ebay or something. Its just for peace of mind i do it really. I did it to the last diggers buckets and i have done it to these ones!

Comment

I weld the diggers too, cos they quite often turn up if they've been blagged .....nasty business though the whole thing is

Comment

Yeah I cant stand the thought of my stuff getting stolen. I am lucky that where i live is low crime. I have my yard protected by simple wildlife camera that i got on ebay. You can set it up anywhere and it has 2 motion sensors on it. It can be set to take videos or pictures! It also date stamps the photos and is 12 mega pixel so take a really good photo. It only cost £100 so i thought it was well worth it. You could even set one up on a site to watch your machinery while you were away overnight or over a weekend etc. Might be worth some of you guys looking into it?

Comment

Working...
              X