My new truck!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new truck!!

Its not a 4x4 but i thought this was the best place for this thread. I figured as it will be towing my digger it will fit in the section on a technicality!!

I have purchased a 2008 reg Ford Transit Tipper from a Company called van monster. I bought my previous van from them. They are ex Northgate Rental vans so have been looked after i.e serviced etc etc. It has covered 35,000 miles and is very very clean and tidy!. Here is a couple pics of when it arrived.

I have done a few mods to it like fitted mud flaps to the rear and some led bulbs, wind deflectors and a lovely chrome A-bar!!

Here it is with its bling!!

And finally here it is beside my old truck. The old truck is now sold and off to Shetland to live as from tomorrow!!

Congrats on the new wheels Jim! Is that a diesel engine in that truck?

Comment

Well Wear Jim..........
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Cool ..... looks good Jim .. is th gtw ok to tow the digger ?

Comment

Very Tidy little truck Jim .

Comment

Yeah its a diesel engine. Its a 2.5 producing 100 hp.

The digger and the trailer are border line on what it can pull legally.

I am really impressed with it. Its 10hp more than the last truck but you can really tell the difference! I am going to get it remapped in the summer for abit more power and better fuel economy and with fuel at £1.50 a litre then it wont take long to pay itself back!

I need to put a better looking beacon on the roof though!!

Comment

Get one of them LED type.................

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                Get one of them LED type.................
                I was thinking that but they are quiet expensive!!!

Comment

I always found these guy good Jim............
                  http://www.ardentdl.com/Auto-Lighting/Beacons.html

Comment

looking good mate .. get someone to video you doin' some donuts in it, and get it posted
                    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Jim, that's a hot looking setup for cruising chicks. LOL. I too have had my eyes open for a dump bed truck. Handy for the CPHQ. I'd like to post up a pic or two, but so far, I have been left empty handed.

I don't know if they ship overseas, but this place has everything from soup to nuts and also sells LED beacons. http://www.northerntool.com/

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
                        I don't know if they ship overseas, but this place has everything from soup to nuts and also sells LED beacons. http://www.northerntool.com/
                        We get Northern tool over here. They send me a catalogue every month or so. The book used to come in a plastic wrapped but it does not anymore. Makes me wonder if someone else reads it before i get it!!

I'll have a look at their uk site and see what they have got beacon wise!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                          We get Northern tool over here. They send me a catalogue every month or so. The book used to come in a plastic wrapped but it does not anymore. Makes me wonder if someone else reads it before i get it!!

I'll have a look at their uk site and see what they have got beacon wise!
                          Yeah I use them, but I find them quite expensive Jim ...a general auto supplier like http://www.dingbro.com/ might suit better for beacons and stuff and I find their prices pretty good. Their web site is laughable though
                          you need to go into one of their local branches, and they also have fleets of vans and will run out to you with your order
                          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
                          X