Slowly Slowly, Progress At The CPHQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowly Slowly, Progress At The CPHQ

As promised, here are this week's progress photos of the house. To quell the burning question, our intrepid truss delivery driver (Rick) AKA "Ice Road Trucker," did not deliver this latest load of trusses. Instead, Charlie, a most affable bloke with perfect driving skills made the delivery. Whereas Mr. IRT took the better part of 1-1/2 hours to get close enough for me to hook on with the 933 while driving a twin screw tractor, Charlie was able to back into the driveway and up the hill almost damn near where the trusses needed to be dropped driving a single screw truck and without digging up the gravel driveway. I hooked on with the 933 for the last 50 feet or so. This was accomplished within about 10 minutes. AMAZING! I will be requesting him for the next delivery.

We were able to land the trusses after sorting them on the ground and by last evening had all but a few raised into place. We finally seem to be making headway against what seems like an eternity of dealing with errant truss designs, poorly constructed panels that require rebuilds and modifications, TJI hangers that boggle the imagination as to how they work (and I've been doing this a long time) and weather that has been completely out of the ordinary, not that I'm complaining. The last few weeks, it has been amazingly warm. This week it was not so, but instead, it has been so dry and clear, the sky seems to sparkle. Anyhow, here are a few pictures of the week. Enjoy.

~EDIT~ Muz, the site won't let me upload pics again. Same error as before.

Glad to see things are progressing well I'll see if i can post a picture...............
    0002778f10dr.jpg
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Brilliant, LOL. Here's another go at pics.

Nope, still nogo for the Yank.

Comment

Bruce are you linking from a hosting site or off the booter................

If you are loading from a hosting site make sure you remove the check mark and she be right..................

IMG_4019.jpg

Comment

No, I am using the software as provided by this site. It's the same thing as before. I guess the programmers aren't fans of us Yanks ;)

Comment

Open a photobucket account Bruce and link the pics to here that way you always control the pictures and not the sites you load them too.Also you only have to load them once and link them to where ever you want to after that................................

Comment

Yippie! It works. The pics from last week.
              Attached Files

Comment

Looks good Bruce especially with that 933 in the photo. lol Quite the reach on that picker crane was he able to position all the trusses with that crane?

Comment

Actually Bert, we just used him to place the bunks of trusses up on the walls, then me and my crew tilted them into place. As large as they are, the're still pretty light.

Comment

Sounding good Bruce . So the Big Question ,Are you going to have it finished for the Clients to move in to By Christmas .

Comment

Of course he will have it finished by Christmas !!! ,maybe not Christmas 2012 though ...........

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
                        Of course he will have it finished by Christmas !!! ,maybe not Christmas 2012 though ...........
                        You should consider a career in law. That was a pretty good response, one I may ask to use int he future.

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
                          You should consider a career in law. That was a pretty good response, one I may ask to use in the future.
                          I was just practising for my political career ........The guest house looks good by the way ,when can we start making bookings ???????????? ......

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
                            I was just practising for my political career ........The guest house looks good by the way ,when can we start making bookings ???????????? ......
                            Waz, Ian had hinted to the very same thing on another forum. I'm guessing you two have a 2 for 1 sale arrangement with Quantis for the airfare? You trouble-makers are welcome provided you are willing to drive a few nails AND are able to read a level. Otherwise, guest bookings at the CPHQ Guest Lodge won't be for a while.

Here's another pic from last week some time. I've lost track of when I took them

BLAST! Muz, same trouble uploading!

Comment

Whaddaya know!? I didn't do anything other than try to upload and it worked!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X