Unusual 320?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual 320?

From the new bond movie I believe......................

As you will see the cab is on the wrong side,Ha me thinks the picture is flipper so with some software we did this..............

.......But the Cat logo on the boom is wrong...............................

Anyone ever seen one with the cab on the right hand side..................
    A driven man with a burning passion.

I wonder if anyone has ever done a tallyup of just how many brands get placed in some of these films. The Bond genre were arguably the originators of this concept, but I fear its now getting to silly proportions

Comment

Would the be much hard work involved when making a digger to put the dipper on the other side?

Comment

well that what they have done have some other pictures which clearly show it has been modified.......................

Comment

Comment

Good find looking forward to the movie ... think I should turn up for work in a dinner jacket now
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Just watched the clip never knew cat put walk ways on the dipper rams

anyway stock if you can flip a picture with your limited computer power the movie makers could soon reverse a cat sticker

Mog.
              If I have to explain you wouldn't understand

Comment

real

a snippet taken from another site

Caterpillar prides itself on designing and building equipment to meet customers' needs. In this case, the customization involved something unique – putting the cab on the opposite side of the 320D L as requested by EON Productions, the James Bond production company.
                "The cab switch, required for the location of the shoot and interaction between characters, took several months of pre-planning," said Robert Woodley, Caterpillar Communications Manager for Europe, Africa, Middle East and the CIS. "The biggest challenge involved changing the electronics and hydraulics to accommodate the cab on the other side of the machine. Ultimately, two 320D L excavators were produced in Caterpillar's Akashi, Japan, plant forSKYFALL. Cat dealers Finning UK and Borusan Makina were in on the action, too. Finning UK assisted the special effects (SFX) department in technical support and supply of parts for the excavators. At the site, Borusan Makina provided on-site expertise and services as well as equipment, such as generator sets, a skid steer loader and mini hydraulic excavator, for the shoot."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIrH5...eature=related

Comment

Not only walkways on the dipper but it has a very flimsy and easy to open roof!!

Comment

Wow .. and now why we know why these movies cost so much ... I mean why on earth did the cab have to be on the other side ?
                    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                      Wow .. and now why we know why these movies cost so much ... I mean why on earth did the cab have to be on the other side ?
                      "The cab switch, required for the location of the shoot and interaction between characters"

you would think they could have just made do!! This film will be for ever tainted in my eyes!!

Comment

When i watched the movie, it became clear to me, the location meant they could only film from the one side. This was the point of view of someone driving alongside the railway. Won't say anymore so as not to give away the plot.

Comment

Another Righty ..........

Comment

Amazing ,never seen a Ihcatih before .

Comment

It's from a little known manufacturer based in central Asia

Comment

Working...
                              X