The I.H. drott loader.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The I.H. drott loader.

Hi all, few days away but before i went i finally got the I.H out on a days work levelling a whole unsurfaced road, never having driven one in anger before i got well into it , kept plugging away till it was done and those that matter were happy with the result, so i've got the return job as this has to be done several times a year and i get paid, good enough for me boys. BUT and ain't there always a "but", during it all i noticed the red charging light on and the engine temp flopped to zilch all at once so i pulled the stop shut her down and went to turn the ignition off but the ruddy key was ruddy hot, now checking the coolant all was well, when i tries ti restar the key/ignition light/starter were all dead. i left the ignition turned off and started it jumping the starter terminals, she ran well with no more key heating up. Now i suspect the alternator has had it but maybe a earth somewhere has seperated causing it to earth through the key wiring...anybody come across this before, got any hints before i go delving .

A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Stock View Post
      yeah.......i got one of them to but guess what it ain't told me jack s..t, so moving on any other idea's .

Comment

You should be able to use it to check the altenator out put........
        It is probably the contacts in the ignition switch,a bad connection will generate a huge amounts of heat.

Comment

hi all back again, at last the mystery fault on the I.H. is sorted. it was a hidden earth short on the loom down inside the "Bulkhead". the ruddy thing was shorting when it wanted while the machine was moving, problem was it wasn't making that contact when stationary or switched off so every time i tried to find it, it ruddy disappeared. in the end it went down to a wire by wire search until it was found and cured but on the bright side all the electrics work now .

Comment

Good to hear you got it sorted .Electrical faults are always a PITA .

Comment

intermittent ones especially..............

Comment

Working...
              X