Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It fell off the back of a truck

It fell off the back of a truck

A number of people had a lucky escape this morning when a small spider crane fell off of a trailer in Tunbridge Wells, UK.

We have almost no details of what happened apart from the location and what we can see with our own eyes. It seems that the crane, a small Maeda spider crane, was on the back of a trailer behind a four wheel drive truck or a van, when the web tie-down straps broke as the driver went around a roundabout.

Someone has left their crane in the road!

The usual causes for such events are a) going too fast around the roundabout and b) Using old and worn straps that are simply not up to the job.
    We assume that the owner realised that he had lost his load? And didn’t just leave it lying there in the road?

A closer look reveals that this is a nice crane in good condition...

The most important thing is that no one was hurt, although it could so easily have been different.
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in going back for it! As the book will be thrown for it falling off the wagon!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
      Caught between a rock and a hard place in going back for it! As the book will be thrown for it falling off the wagon!
      How true .. a bit like 'nudging' a railway bridge ... I think on balance though ... he's gonna get it anyway when his boss says.. where is it ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Im just happy no-one was driving close behind the lorry when it rolled off because they wouldnt of stood a chance.
        Cherry Picker Hire

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
          If I'd of come on that roundabout with the duck i might of been tempted to remove the obstruction , finders keepers

Comment

Working...
          X