Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 245dlc
    replied
    Yeah a fizzer is right Ian I talked to my boss and the big hold up right now is typical government bureaucracy. The weather is beautiful right now and will probably stay this way but they don't think of it that way pushing paper in their stupid offices. Sorry just a little frustrated right now.

Leave a comment:

• ianoz
    replied
    I take it then the usual spring Thaw jobs will be a fizzer this year.

Leave a comment:

• 245dlc
    replied
    Between gigs at the moment we're having an unusually early spring yesterday it was 24 degrees celsius we usually don't see that until May and all the snow is gone... I love global warming. lol Hopefully it mean an earlier start to the construction season here instead of waiting till late April early May .

Leave a comment:

• ianoz
    replied
    So , Whats the Go Bert? Still working ,Or currently between Gigs ?

Leave a comment:

• 245dlc
    replied
    Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
    Thanks Muz much appreciated. Maybe in the future when I'm doing my own thing or working for Brunet I'll make some more videos the guys there didn't mind and were really pleasant fellows to work for. Even my boss didn't mind it's just the dummy's they work for. lol
    Well I found out from my boss that Manitoba Hydro doesn't want me on their job sites because I made those videos I guess somehow I make them look bad? The job was coming to an end anyway once this job site was over they wouldn't have any excavator work until next winter apparently. The bosses are fighting with them as they have a difficult time getting decent excavator operators.

Leave a comment:

• 245dlc
    replied
    Thanks Muz much appreciated. Maybe in the future when I'm doing my own thing or working for Brunet I'll make some more videos the guys there didn't mind and were really pleasant fellows to work for. Even my boss didn't mind it's just the dummy's they work for. lol

Leave a comment:

• Muz
    replied
    Yeah just this thread, just to cover my arse unless you've got some magic to hide these pictures from the general public. My other pictures of other job sites have nothing to do with these stupid people so I wouldn't worry about that. Yeah Bruce my wife and I want to pay off her student loans and the quad then we'll be in better position to buy our own equipment. Nobody from this company has said anything to me yet, but these people do tend to be quite cowardly and prefer general backstabbing and backroom dealings over actually confronting somebody head on especially with a guy who likes to solve problems with a left hook. lol
    Ok dude .. various photos and one incriminating post removed .. If anything else needs done just let me know mate

And dont lose heart .. your pic/vid input was much appreciated by all of us you were my inspiration for my first vid because of this thread ......

Leave a comment:

• 245dlc
    replied
    Yeah just this thread, just to cover my arse unless you've got some magic to hide these pictures from the general public. My other pictures of other job sites have nothing to do with these stupid people so I wouldn't worry about that. Yeah Bruce my wife and I want to pay off her student loans and the quad then we'll be in better position to buy our own equipment. Nobody from this company has said anything to me yet, but these people do tend to be quite cowardly and prefer general backstabbing and backroom dealings over actually confronting somebody head on especially with a guy who likes to solve problems with a left hook. lol

Leave a comment:

• Muz
    replied
    Muz if you don't mind could you remove the photos I posted so they can't try to google them off the net?
    Sure, no problem, dya think they would really be that bothered though ? and if so, I take it you mean only photos of sites you've been on, where you can see a part of the site? so a bucket or digger shot would be ok, and is it just this thread ?

Leave a comment:

• B4D2USA
    replied
    Bert, I guess this is all the more reason to endeavor to start your own business. Then you can video anything you want (within reason).

Leave a comment:

• 245dlc
    replied
    Yeah that seems to be the way in the great white north these days. Right now there is a big scandal with the federal facist conservative party that they were trying to mislead voters last year at election time as to where the voting stations were. But you know the worst thing that could come out of that is a byelection. But if ordinary hard working people try to post educational videos of the work they do they get shit on for it. lol

Leave a comment:

• ianoz
    replied
    Don't you love it.

Leave a comment:

• 245dlc
    replied
    Well I got a call from my boss today that I can't take any pictures or video of the work I'm doing these days. I guess the companies we're working for doesn't like photographic evidence that they do the bare minimum. lol So I've taken down the youtube videos that I made and even deleted them off of my hard drive in case they try to get legal or anything, Muz if you don't mind could you remove the photos I posted so they can't try to google them off the net?

Leave a comment:

• 245dlc
    replied
    Here's some pictures of equipment at the shop. They had one of they're off-highway pole trucks stripped down for a complete overhaul, they had it partially reassembled when I got to go there. They also have a powered wheelbarrow and a mini-track loader for working in tight places like between buildings and in back alleys. The crew I work on does mostly underground work so they didn't have any pole equipment like what Rory might encounter. I sadly only had my blackberry to take pictures and the bloody thing was acting up. I'm hoping to get an Iphone come this summer. I also got some pictures of they're Vermeer chain trencher that cost somewhere around $300,000 and only got used a few times as management felt that hiring an excavator is better somehow. Good for me I guess but a waste for rate payers.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 245dlc
    replied
    Well if it makes you feel better Bruce I don't think you'd want these guys building your house I'm no carpenter or framer myself but man they waste a lot of wood and OSB. Good things sometimes take time I guess. :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X