Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock
    replied
    Four short chains would be better Mr D, the degree of flexibility the chains give will make attaching and detaching easier.................

Leave a comment:

• v8druid
    replied
    the only redeeming feature about the weather, first thing this morning was ....... it was not ACTUALLY peeing down ....
    .......wasn't that far away, looking at the sky, but was still pretty cool, considering the date

deffo not the wall to wall blue sky they forecast for today and tomorrow

When's it gonna end ? !!!!!!!!

apparently about 12 today ---- sun came out, chased the grey skies away and damn me if it didn't get quite warm !!!!!

so .. got some bits cut ...

plus a few more and started to knock it out ......

bloody wind was not 'helping the cause' at all and had to grind a few welds back out, occasionally !!

but it came together

not finished yet ....

... due to the need to eat tea

got a load of gussets to fit yet ... .... mostly cut, but job for the morning

and then a good fettle, to lose any sharps I've created in the 'nailing together' process.

so shocked to have shirt sleeves temp.s today, I forgot to fit some sleeves to the arms, stitching it all up .... ..... not suffering, but the arms have had enough UV radiation for today ..... and tomorrow

Must remember to put a jacket on next time

Hopefully, I should get this finalised through the day tomorrow, but 'tis a Clara day, so we'll have to see how it goes
    Just listening to the weather guesstimate on the box and they're claiming another couple of nice days to come We shall see

Leave a comment:

• v8druid
    replied
    Originally posted by Stock View Post
    Now that looks like overkill and a lot of work for something to lift one tonne................
    bear with I, Mr Stock, Sir ...... it'll also be around a long time and likely get used a lot
    It will have other 'uses', too

Peeing down here again, ATM .... 'sposed to be 'azure skies' this week

Leave a comment:

• Stock
    replied
    Originally posted by v8druid View Post
    " job for tomorrow "

Now that looks like overkill and a lot of work for something to lift one tonne................

Leave a comment:

• v8druid
    replied
    would've been a LOT busier Saturday ....... without our little 'angel's' presence .....
    but .......
    she's only gonna be this size once and she makes me smile
    ........ which for me, is a bit of a surprise, as I've never really been 'into' 'rug rats' as a rule ..... not having had any of my own, or a great deal to do with 'little people'

First 'solo' sleep over last night,
    as her mummy was going off to Plymouth, for a job interview this morning and staying with her brother, down there, Sunday night.
    Looked like it might be a loooooooooooooooong night, Sunday
    she doesn't sleep much, at night

Well - it was a very looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong night
    ---- I did get a bit more sleep than Pam though
    Clara slept until about 11pm ..... then fits and starts for the rest of the night

Pam's like a zombie today ..... she went back to bed this afternoon for a few hours
    and I went and did our fortnightly 'shop' to replenish the fridge/freezer/grub cupboards

Job done for another couple of weeks - hate going into town - too many germ ridden people about

day to ourselves tomorrow --- clara is with daddy all day ... bag lifter coming up .... assuming it is better weather than today
    Forecast completely out today ... like winter out there again

Leave a comment:

Working...
X