jcb mini digger 801.4 (1995)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jcb mini digger 801.4 (1995)

Hi have just bought myself a new toy, but it has a few niggles. does anyone have a operator/workshop manual that they don't need anymore?
    It has a light switch but no lights,
    It has an hour clock which doesn't work, could be that only one wire is connected.
    In a few short weeks I have had to change fuel filters (clogged up), put new fan belt on (overheating after 10 minutes), put new ignition switch in ( spent ages and got sore fingers trying to start it).
    Can you see why Im looking for a manual?
    Hoping someone can help
    Pete

Hi pete .. welcome to the forum

I think one of our members will be charging for copies of his JCB manual shortly
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by 2414.ginger View Post
      Hi have just bought myself a new toy,
      Hoping someone can help
      Pete
      Well you are beyond help having bought a jake...............some one here has a manual though......

Welcome to the forum.
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        Hi pete .. welcome to the forum

I think one of our members will be charging for copies of his JCB manual shortly
        Hi Muz
        Would this be rob-b?
        Have just found his comments regarding people not thanking him for copies, hardly dare to send him a message now.
        Thanks for the welcome
        Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
          Well you are beyond help having bought a jake...............some one here has a manual though......

Welcome to the forum.
          Not sure what you mean about being beyond help!!
          thanks for the welcome though.
          Pete

Comment

Well Ianoz, Weejim and myself have Jakes. Most men suffer broken hearts from the opposite sex........ us well it's the Jake that wounded us so deeply..................
            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Yah as stock says I am a fellow jake owner and it breaks my heart the bloody thing!!!

Comment

Hi Muz
                Would this be rob-b?
                Have just found his comments regarding people not thanking him for copies, hardly dare to send him a message now.
                Thanks for the welcome
                Pete
                I agree .. he's been very helpful ... but he's a decent chap
                try giving him a shout

Not sure what you mean about being beyond help!!
                thanks for the welcome though.
                Pete
                They are wounded JCB owners too
                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hi have just bought myself a new toy, but it has a few niggles. does anyone have a operator/workshop manual that they don't need anymore?
                  It has a light switch but no lights,
                  It has an hour clock which doesn't work, could be that only one wire is connected.
                  In a few short weeks I have had to change fuel filters (clogged up), put new fan belt on (overheating after 10 minutes), put new ignition switch in ( spent ages and got sore fingers trying to start it).
                  Hoping someone can help
                  Pete
                  Hi Pete, I have a 801.4 around the same age as yours, how did you get on with a manual for it? Rob B was vey kind with the workshiop manual which has been a great help for me, although have you come across an owner manual anywhere?

Nigel

Comment

No sorry Nigel, still only got the workshop one from rob-b, which he kindly sent me.
                    Am having a few problems sorting out electrics, in particular hour meter, which should have 2 wires to it but I cant see the right colored one hanging loose anywhere. So much for having the manual. If you manage to find an owners manual then I would welcome a copy!!
                    Oh by the way welcome to site!!
                    Pete

Comment

No sorry Nigel, still only got the workshop one from rob-b, which he kindly sent me.
                      Am having a few problems sorting out electrics, in particular hour meter, which should have 2 wires to it but I cant see the right colored one hanging loose anywhere. So much for having the manual. If you manage to find an owners manual then I would welcome a copy!!
                      Oh by the way welcome to site!!
                      Pete
                      I will keep looking Pete and if I find an owner manual I will let you know. When the rain stops coming down in bucket fulls I will see what is on the back of my hour gauge if I can get to it, it may help you find what's missing.

Nigel

Comment

Pete,
                        Had a rummage through the crud behind my hour gauge, there are two wires one is black, the other is brown with a black stripe. I am guessing that if you have the brown with a black stripe then all you need is an earth. I have seen this type of hour clock on boats and generally all the counting magic goes on in the clock, a live feed is just supplied when the engine runs.

The wires are puny little things and I would imagine it would be really easy to snap off where they go into the main harness.

Nigel

Comment

Thanks Nigel , I cleaned up some of the loose wires today , found a blue one, stuck it on and hour clock works, manual says brown/blue and blue, but I have blue and black, however just shy of 2900 hours for a 95 model seems very low, I wonder how long ago the wire had (fallen off). Before I connected the blue the ignition light used to flicker when engine is running ,now it doesn't, but it doesn't come on when you turn on the ignition so I will carry on and see what develops.
                          Cheers Pete

Comment

Originally posted by 801_user View Post
                            Pete,
                            Had a rummage through the crud behind my hour gauge, there are two wires one is black, the other is brown with a black stripe. I am guessing that if you have the brown with a black stripe then all you need is an earth. I have seen this type of hour clock on boats and generally all the counting magic goes on in the clock, a live feed is just supplied when the engine runs.

The wires are puny little things and I would imagine it would be really easy to snap off where they go into the main harness.

Nigel
                            Yep .. digger vibration is brutal for wiring harnesses .. Just bear in mind too fellas,... the clocks dont always read hours per hours worked .. some only clock an engine hour at full or normal working revs

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                              Yep .. digger vibration is brutal for wiring harnesses .. Just bear in mind too fellas,... the clocks dont always read hours per hours worked .. some only clock an engine hour at full or normal working revs
                              Hi Muz

Bit slow on the response here sorry, what is normal operating revs for a mini digger? I have noticed that I am only moving the throttle about a third of the way, which probably explains why I have stalled it a few times when getting carried away on a hard bit.

If I give it full juice it just makes my eratic digging even worse and I don't want to thrash the little Perkins too hard either. Any thoughts?

Nigel

Comment

Working...
                              X