The missing link!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The missing link!

I took this picture today whilst at the dealer!

Whats missing??

Its not raining, makes a change

Comment

Originally posted by 2414.ginger View Post
      Its not raining, makes a change
      Check the puddles though it had been raining! That was a blink before another drink!

Comment

Did the boom cylinder get broken off? I see a short length of cylinder rod hanging from it. That's one brand I won't buy from.

Comment

I see a shackle on the boom lifting eye ... but it looks like the fitter has tied the straps to the dipper ram hoses to take the weight of the boom
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

A nice bit of quality Chin3s3 steel in that ram ..

Comment

The ratchet strap is tied to the hole behind the ram to hold it up!

Yes all you eagle eyed people its a broken ram!!

Comment

Wow I'll never buy JCB at this rate. lol

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                  Wow I'll never buy JCB at this rate. lol
                  Yeah .. they'd better watch out .. using the dozer to hold that boom up like that ... I mean it could rip that dozer blade right off

Have to say .. its quite an unusual place for a ram to break .. unless some 'quality' operator was trying some stunt
                  Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

My 8080 broke the rod at the piston on the boom ram . So that photo does not sirprise me .

Comment

Surely JCB must read this forum. Until my first (tiny) venture into plant () I always presumed JCB were top of the pile, but since reading a lot of threads here.....

Comment

I thought for the longest time that JCB was made by Sumitomo like Case but after hearing Ian and Jim's trouble with they're excavators I'll stay far away from them. Unless it's to cut one up with a big Labounty scrap shear.

Comment

The cylinder,boom is missing,use a rob for replacement.How can it work?
                          Excavator dozer parts supplier
                          http://www.machinery-parts.net/

Comment

Originally posted by jackie606 View Post
                            The cylinder,boom is missing,use a rob for replacement.How can it work?
                            It broke the ram rod Jackie ..Sadly it seems to be a problem with some JCB machines .

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                              Did the boom cylinder get broken off? I see a short length of cylinder rod hanging from it. That's one brand I won't buy from.

Yeah that and the fact that there is no duct tape to ensure safety whilst holding the dipper up with the strap.

Comment

Working...
                              X