Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jcb 801.4 running rough

hi ladies and gents
    recently bought a mini digger, whilst using it this weekend i noticed after about an hour of continous work(digging a big hole)
    it started to lose power and run rough, i will be checking the fuel filter today, to see if theres any contamination. when i finished using it on saturday i also noticed the water in the cooling system was boiling up, i'll check that the fan is kicking in aswell.
    if anyones got any advice or tips i'm all ears.....
    thanks in advance..

Slippage in fan belt - most likely blocked fins though , now ya need to be getting a light through them and able to see , not so easy with all the clobber in there ...... get a 'right' good look and yes a new filter is your starting point

Comment

Your 801 sounds similar to mine, it stopped after about 10 mins running, in-line filter looked like it was lucky to run for 10 mins, anyway new filters and drained tank as well, then OK, except after 10 mins ticking over it boiled, fan belt very slack and wrong profile, new fan belt and its and running again, can hold hand on rad after running for an hour. All these parts cost very little, but made it into a different machine. Its amazing how someone can bugger up a machine with wrong parts and poor servicing.
      Anyway good luck sorting out your niggles.
      Pete
      PS you can get a gas strut for the bonnet for about £10 (jcb £48), I could find you details if you let me know!

Comment

Working...
      X