Scania brake chamber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wee_gus View Post
    Shit muz I was ment to send you over the info I have! I've got the workshop manual for the 4 series scania! Ano its got plenty of detail on the 9 litre engine as i used it to set ep the injectors once i replaced them!If you pm me your email I will send it to you tomorrow night once I get off this rig and back to Glasgow
    Thanks mate .. PM sent
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

**Update**

The old chamber was lying on the bench .. so I decided to split it, expecting a burst diaphram. Not so .. all that was wrong was the push off spring inside the chamber had broken, thereby not releasing the brake. I called the stealer to ask if there was a service kit, since my new ('work shop manual') said there was.

I was told categorically at the start of this thread by the dealer that there wasnt a service option .. and you had to buy a complete chamber which I did .. for £320+VAT, which later became £212 after I checked the 'specials' list

Well you CAN get a service kit to repair the unit containing a new diaphram, rubbet boot, spring, and a myriad of small seals for ......... ......... £24 !!

So .. £320 down to £24 ? go figure whos at it ? I'll reserve judgement till Ive seen the kit to make sure its all the right bits, but it looks like it so far
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I'm glad the manual is coming in handy! If you have to put her back into scania With an issue I would check in the disk first lol

Comment

Originally posted by wee_gus View Post
          I'm glad the manual is coming in handy! If you have to put her back into scania With an issue I would check in the disk first lol
          Thats going to be a last option from now on .. The jobs are simple, as its a well designed tool, I'm looking forward to doing my front disks now I have all the torques, and shop manual ... thank god

Comment

Well look at the good side Muz you've got a spare now, I know it's expensive but at least you won't have to order anything and wait for it next time one of your brake chambers fails and it's a truck shit always happens.

Comment

Working...
            X