No announcement yet.

So what do you think of this Q-hitch??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what do you think of this Q-hitch??

A driven man with a burning passion.

or this..............

A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Concept is great .But what stops the dust and dirt getting into the hydraulic fittings .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
        Concept is great .But what stops the dust and dirt getting into the hydraulic fittings .
        You with your trusty rag from under the seat!!!!! .......It's either you or the oil filter will that will catch it ....

Comment

There seems to be quite a few systems like that coming out of Scandinavia and Germany but like Ian says what's keeping the dirt out of the fittings? And how do the fittings work? It is nice though how the auxiliary lines aren't dangling from the stick or the attachment hopefully that reduces the chance of damaging the hoses. Be nice if somebody on this side of the pond would come up with something like that, certainly be a lot better than dealing with leaky oily hoses or getting squirted with oil when there is to much back pressure and you have to loosen a fitting just to get the supposed quick coupler pushed on.

Comment

I was watching one work at BAUMA 5 or 6 years ago it looked like the fittings were push in QD's I couldn't see a way of keeping the dirt out either being as all the bits are constantly in or around the dirt. I concluded that the shit gets into the attachment before it gets filtered so either way, if your pumps don't get it, something else will . Even if you jump out to clean the fittings it defeats the purpose.

It may be that someone has perfected the seals issue, but for me, it would only be perfect once someone came up with a system similar to electrical induction where there are 2 circuits that don't actually touch each other but power is induced in the secondary circuit, now that would be neat
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

easy

i think its a simple case of a quick check / wipe before coupling easy to do and if say running an attachment with 4- 6 aux lines that you may be changing over on a regular basis its going to be far easier ,the oil coupler on the hitch has an automatic cover that closes when not in use
              given the choice i know what option i would take

Comment

Originally posted by d4c24a View Post
                i think its a simple case of a quick check / wipe before coupling
                Might be ok for an owner operator but a lot of drivers will never clean them.
                Things have to be free of operator intervention to be a big success or go back to the two pins and BFH.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridley View Post
                  Might be ok for an owner operator but a lot of drivers will never clean them.
                  agreed unfortunately
                  Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

monkeys

its a bit like a rototilt ,highly unlikely to end up in the hands of "drivers" , these are gaining popularity in the uk and i guess the oilquick will follow suit

Comment

Well you know it is a start in the right direction, it took a few tries for equipment manufacturers to get where they are today with hydraulic excavators. There are some out there that still think pin-on buckets are still the cat's meow and not just Trax on BCEF, and I've met a few old timers that still prefer the old low pressure gear pumps or worse yet draglines and cable backhoes. It'll be interesting to see what the future brings in attachment technology for 'toolcarrier' type machines like excavators, wheel loaders, and skid-steers.

Comment

Oh it's definitely the way forward, but plant companies are under a lot of pressure to provide kit at rates the market will pay ... And with thin margins any extra running cost just cannot be absorbed so simpler is always best unless you are the owner driver or have dependable drivers.

Comment

Well , We have just watched a couple of what i assume to be a manufacturers demostration videos .No where did I see the operator get out and clean the fittings .

Comment

It is so interesting,but i am worrid about the fitting problem.Is it strong enough?
                            Excavator dozer parts supplier
                            http://www.machinery-parts.net/

Comment

Originally posted by jackie606 View Post
                              It is so interesting,but i am worrid about the fitting problem.Is it strong enough?
                              Please read and conform to forum rules Jackie

Although the administrators ~...../....~ violative of any laws. The owners of plantandconstruction.co.uk reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.

You must demonstrate good use of English, as this is a UK based forum, and not reply to posts simply for the sake of promoting your own products or services, as this will be treated as spam.

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...p?do=showrules

Comment

Working...
                              X