Plant Men - Which way do you swing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plant Men - Which way do you swing ?

It may well be that some of you swing both ways? ... but I was operating an 8 tonner today, and the question came into my head, that there seems to be a preference, or is there ?. I was loading a 9 tonne dumper, and seemed to prefer to be looking left, as the door offers greater visibility, and so, I would gather and load, swing 90 or so degrees left , and tip in ?

If so.. it would suggest greater wear on the slew bearing at one point more than another.

The question assumes an unrestricted site where you could have the dumper in any position .. do you fellas prefer that method too ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

When I operated I always preferd to left ad you say yourself more visibility

Comment

Muz, I'm glad you didn't ask "which way do you hang?" A whole different meaning here in the US.

Comment

Does not really worry me which way ,Long as your getting the job done .

Comment

I'm not saying which way mrs stock and I swing..................................

When loading wagons or dumpers I like to have the boom over the left hand idler when ever possible.............................
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

....it would just be nice to do ANY loading...any way....any side.....wouldn't care...it'd all feel nice....

Comment

if you're a right handed person then you'll be looking left. left handed person will be looking right. ambidextrous like me and it does not matter. not a hard and fast rule though

Comment

Never thought of it that way..............To be honest it never really bothered me which way I loaded except of course to keep the sprockets behind me.......and lift a full bucket every time..........
                A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Spangles View Post
                  if you're a right handed person then you'll be looking left. left handed person will be looking right. ambidextrous like me and it does not matter. not a hard and fast rule though
                  Yes,it seems that it is not an important issue.
                  Excavator dozer parts supplier
                  http://www.machinery-parts.net/

Comment

The first digger I really spent a lot of time on was an Ortas thing we used for the grave digging and it went 90 degrees to the right and only 45 to the left so I got used to always going to the right and still favour digging to the right. When I dig a hole and it don't matter where you put the spoil then its usually on the right lol

Comment

I guess for me it depends on if the sun is in my eyes or not otherwise I don't really care.

Comment

Working...
                      X