No announcement yet.

Snow with Wee Jim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The V plough is really heavy and I use a counterweight on the back of the tractor when I am using either plough. The V plough is also all metal and does scrap the road so I try and keep it off the surface an inch or so! I really don't like having it on my tractor as its the kind of thing that will snap your tractor in half if you hit something with it! It's really blind in the dark too as your lights are blocked by it and the lights on the cab don't shine far enough forward to let you see anything, I much prefer my blade!

Comment

Well done lad .. glad you got it sorted great pics ... thats got to be Scotlands worst area for snow .. and this isnt even a bad year !
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
        I really don't like having it on my tractor as its the kind of thing that will snap your tractor in half if you hit something with it!
        Probably why they gave it to YOU ! .. "did you break your nice new tractor son ? .. sorry driver error .. bye ..."
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

You gotta love living here! Especially when England is on the news in chaos with the snow and you see the grass sticking out of it as its just a dusting! There was a lady on the news in ballater who said 'I have been speaking t the shop keepers and they say the old people are still getting about!' Of course they were they have know far worse snow than that and they just get in with it!

Comment

Good pics Jim , How many buried cars get hit by snowploughs ? .
            Last edited by Wazza; 30-01-2013, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
              Good picks Jim , How many buried cars get hit by snowploughs ? .
              Well if I had gotten along that road when it was dark then that would have been one!

Comment

Hey Jim are you getting any snow removal work this winter?

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                  Hey Jim are you getting any snow removal work this winter?
                  i have a contract this year with the council! The pay rate has also gone up to the dizzy rock and roll lifestyle heights of .............£24.90/hour!! This time next year Rodney.........

not it had much yet but that's fine as I can still get on with my normal work!

Comment

I could always export you some snow if you like Jim. lol

Comment

Working...
                    X