A Followup To Reckless Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Followup To Reckless Drivers

This should be titled "Wreckless(?) Driver." I came upon this scene the other day headed out to the CPHQ. @ lunchtime, I took a ride to the adjacent parking lot for a better view. Local police informed me the driver had fallen asleep at the wheel. He was fine and staying at a hotel just up the road. Considering the speed limit on the interstate highway here is 70 MPH and there were several trees a few inches from impaling him, he's one lucky fellow.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
    This should be titled "Wreckless(?) Driver." I came upon this scene the other day headed out to the CPHQ. @ lunchtime, I took a ride to the adjacent parking lot for a better view. Local police informed me the driver had fallen asleep at the wheel. He was fine and staying at a hotel just up the road. Considering the speed limit on the interstate highway here is 70 MPH and there were several trees a few inches from impaling him, he's one lucky fellow.
    Not blooming half ... We have EU tacho rules and limits on drivers hours, which are a good idea ... but badly implemented in some ways,.. to help protect against this sort of thing. Doesent remove the risk altogether though.

I thought it was 50 or 60 mph for you guys on highways ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

The U.S. and Canada have limits on driving hours to, but shit happens I guess.

Comment

These new fangled tachographs Muz I believe can even put a truck into limp mode if the hours of the pilot are in breach of the regulations. A hacker told me that when an analogue one fails it now has to be replaced with the digital one.

On another driver issue got to replace my licence under the new credit card type, nearly if pages in the form as I have a HGV one.........
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
          These new fangled tachographs Muz I believe can even put a truck into limp mode if the hours of the pilot are in breach of the regulations. A hacker told me that when an analogue one fails it now has to be replaced with the digital one.
          Aye ... my Scanny has the last of the analogues ..

Originally posted by Stock View Post
          On another driver issue got to replace my licence under the new credit card type,
          Just done mine last year and the Dokta fooked up the eye test which cost me another £30 quid over her medical fee

I knew she'd buggered it up when I sent the stuff off .. it made me look as if I was blind in one eye, when in actual fact my vision is excellent and I dont need any glasses .. what a carry on that was ?
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post

I thought it was 50 or 60 mph for you guys on highways ?
            Trucks over 8000 lbs are 65 MPH in this particular neck of the woods. Interesting thing, there is a "chicken coop" (Department of Transportation weight station aka scales) just before the last exit this fella passed. If it was open, he would have had to stop in. My buds on the police force tell me this happened overnight, so likely they were closed.

Comment

They must have had fun dragging that wreck out of the bush, looks like he sank in pretty deep.

Comment

Working...
              X