Boots .. whats your choice ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots .. whats your choice ?

New category here goes I used rigger boots for a few years, but got fed up of stones getting in them at the yard ......... do you guys have a perfect solution for working with kit and yet still be able to drive with the same footwear ? or am I kidding myself that there is no boot to do everything thats waterproof too, like a welly?

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    New category here goes I used rigger boots for a few years, but got fed up of stones getting in them at the yard ......... do you guys have a perfect solution for working with kit and yet still be able to drive with the same footwear ? or am I kidding myself that there is no boot to do everything thats waterproof too, like a welly?
    Wellies with toe protection - but I don't have to put up with the relentless banter you 'proper' plant guys would have to.....

Oh, Waders as well, but I dunno if they come with toe caps. Waders are great for everything to do with mud and trenches

Comment

redwing are good but expensive, I wear No risk at the moment.................

http://www.walshengineering.com/shop/index.php?osCsid=d0c37ae587d0b09f3c757d6248adcb87& manufacturers_id=141&osCsid=d0c37ae587d0b09f3c757d 6248adcb87
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
        Agreed with you. I pretty much only wear Redwings. They are waterproof leather and can be had with a slip proof/wear resistant sole that will outlive the leather. Once they are broken in, they are the most comfortable boots in my closet. They also have the option for a Fiberglas toe protector in case you don't need the steel toe but like a little safety. I also have a few pair of Caterpillar branded boots (made by Wolverine). They are comfy right out of the box. They are also waterproof and are available with steel toes. They seem to be a little more affordable than Redwings, but I haven't had them as long as the RW's so time will tell. I figure I get over a year of hard use out of my boots, so the $225/pair I pay is well worth it. Consider that most of our wives spend twice that amount on a pair of high heels.

Comment

My favorite pair of boots at the moment are my J.B. Goodhue boots they have a composite toe and a steel plate and are built more like a high top hiker making them a little more comfortable for climbing around on equipment. I also have some Dakota brand from Marks Work Warehouse one pair has some insulation and more of a rubber sole for winter work with a steel toe and steel plate and I've got a different pair that's not the most comfortable for summer time. The best pair I've got were new in 1997 and were a water proof leather, still with original laces which were more like ropes, and meant for forestry work. My dad bought them for me as I was trying to get onto an initial attack forest fire fighting crew. They were made by a now defunct company called Black Diamond I still use them if I go in the bush but the tread is pretty worn out and the leather has had it by the toes.

Comment

I only wear the Finest in Queensland Premium Safety Boots .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
              I only wear the Finest in Queensland Premium Safety Boots .

Comment

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
                I am waiting for the comments from our self appointed safety officer .

Comment

Ozzie road gang on a beer break....

Comment

Shock and Awe. That image will haunt me til supper. That's it, I'm on a diet until that clears my memory banks.

Comment

Well I used to be constant rigger boot wearer .. but stones were a downfall for me too

Image1.jpg

Hey .. I'm glad you got the lense far enough forward to keep the man tackle out of the shot mate
                      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1246[/ATTACH]

Hey .. I'm glad you got the lense far enough forward to keep the man tackle out of the shot mate
                        Got real long arms .
                        But nowhere near as long as the Knuckle draggers to the south of you Muz

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                          Got real long arms .
                          But nowhere near as long as the Knuckle draggers to the south of you Muz
                          One - Nil

Comment

The one trouble with a brand new pair of boots: blisters. I just put a new pair into circulation the other day. I'm paying for it now.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I've gotta put insoles in mine I get really sore feet very easy I think the worst I had it was last October when we were fighting those bush fires and I had my fireman's boots on I had a big blister on one toe and my feet from standing and walking around all day were very sore by 8:30 p.m. I was done. Next time we get bush fires like that I'm taking my work boots.

Comment

Working...
                              X