Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Gloves for your spanner work !

Split from dumper wont go uphill thread ..... Dan

You always wear gloves when doing surgery on dumpers Muz .
    Or is it Bloody cold and thats the coulor of your fingers .
    Last edited by Dan; 14-02-2013, 08:44 PM.

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
    You always wear gloves when doing surgery on dumpers Muz .
    Or is it Bloody cold and thats the coulor of your fingers .
    I never used to bother with them, but now wouldnt be without them .. took me a while to find the best ones too .. you need good dexterity , so the material must be thin .. with the highest tear resistance possible, and these blue nitrile ones are the best I've used. Latex are no good, and I've found the powder free Nitrile ones to be the best. I should post up in the 'kit' section because it took a few years of research to find these.

If your constantly switching between phones, and oily engines/parts .. its great just to be able to whip them off, and have clean hands .. plus, over the years, my skin has become less tolerant to fuels, and oils and is prone to cracking sooner, and thats no fun at all .. you also then get deeply ingrained dirt which is difficult to remove and doesn't look too good at all when you're trying to chat up some young blond thing at the bar (although I think some girls like a dirty boy)
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

http://fishersci.com/ecomm/servlet/f...&storeId=10652

My favourite ones..............
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
        Aye thats the ones ..although it says on the spec blue .. but the pic is green think we'll move this part of the thread to its own home
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Aye these ones we use

good kit

Comment

I beg to differ Dan, the ones you shown tear very easily, If I'm using them I'll double glove.
            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
              I beg to differ Dan, the ones you shown tear very easily, If I'm using them I'll double glove.
              Ah! ...... weve used both before now and not noticed much of a difference except we hav been able to tell a difference in age with them (blue ones) . Weve bought some packs that didnt get used for several months and became quite bad for tearing, at first we thought it was a batch problem, but then thought it was maybe down to age, as newer ones seemed ok ?

It would be a good test arent they both just nitrile ? whats the difference do you think ? interesting

Comment

As muz says, blue nitrle are by far the best, I sometimes like to wear a set of the nitrle and then a set of thin gloves on top depending what I'm doing

Comment

Originally posted by wee_gus View Post
                  As muz says, blue nitrle are by far the best, I sometimes like to wear a set of the nitrle and then a set of thin gloves on top depending what I'm doing
                  As Gus says that Muz says the blue nitrile are great.......I use 3 at once so the outer glove is a sacrificial one, that way the inner ones can last for days

Prices?
                  i pay £5.00 plus FAT for a box of 100....
                  what does anyone else pay?

Comment

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
                    As Gus says that Muz says the blue nitrile are great.......I use 3 at once so the outer glove is a sacrificial one, that way the inner ones can last for days

Prices?
                    i pay £5.00 plus FAT for a box of 100....
                    what does anyone else pay?
                    Lazily .. I buy mine from Arco and pay at least double that ... Fleabay here I come

Comment

Originally posted by alanmurfee
                      I use Facom Anti-slips Mechanics gloves as there are very comfortable and non slippery . I tried other gloves as well but these are the best for spanner work.
                      What kind of kit do you work on Alan ?

Comment

Originally posted by anthony
                        Nothing wrong with bare hands
                        How long have you been a diesel mechanic ?

Comment

Working...
                        X