Machine Cleaning Regimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Cleaning Regimes

I would be really interested in members posting some of their cleaning regimes with regards to construction-site vehicles .....for example:

1. Do you power wash after every day's work?
    2. Do you power wash the bushes?
    3. What about the engine bay?
    4. Undercarriage of tracked machines?

Much appreciated

I like clean windows and a clean cab. I sweep the floor regularly as that helps keep the rest of the inside clean.

As for the outsi, it gets it when it needs it!

Comment

Clean ????? it rains there doesn't it

Comment

As we hire ours out, they have to be cleaned pretty much after each hire. I built a slatted tank which they get washed over so all the muck falls off and is collected in it, which settles out and gets emptied a couple of times a year. This costs us, so we charge customers who make no attempt to clean the kit if its hanging with muck. Where effort is made and the muck isnt too bad I wont usually charge.

I have taken almost a tonne of muck off machines such as a 13 tonner before now, where its been working in sticky clay and you have to clean it quickly before the muck dries out, other wise it turns to concrete.

I use a big pressure washer with 2 different nozzles depending on the type of crap I'm dealing with.

You are not supposed to transport diggers with that amount of muck on them, because if any of it falls off and hits anyone/thing on the highway, the driver is liable.

If its a machine I'm operating, I hate dirty windows, so usually polish them clean.

Some cleaning jobs are exceptionally hard .. try cleaning a 3 tonner thats been sprayed with concrete that has set ... that cost the client £250 and was a world of hurt to do .. particularly because concrete bonds to glass and it got into every damn crevice
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

clean

mine got done yesterday along with a service ,i do it when i can ,but i am not that bothered if i can,t
          it gets fed and watered and thats what really matters
          Attached Files

Comment

Cleaning

Like Jim I keep the cab swept out daily and glass cleaner for keeping the glass clean the rest gets done when I get a chance , a diesel rag seems to wipe grease and oil of nicely but I don't know what it does to the paint

Vin

Comment

Usually a little broom for the cab floor, and some clean rags for wiping the windows and window cleaner. A track shovel or some people call it a drain spade for the tracks as I usually run tracked equipment. I don't always like what high pressure washers do to paint jobs and decals. Sometimes I'd much rather a strong detergent of one kind or another a soft bristled brush and an 1 inch or 1 1/2" fire hose if I have access to such luxury. I once used some kind of eductor setup where an air hose from a large compressor was hooked up to a garden hose and some kind of special degreaser that made a foam almost like firefighting foam and it took off all the built up black goopy grease after a rinse with a low pressure hose. The foam kind of coated everything and you had to let it sit and soak for a five or ten minutes before rinsing it off. I've never come across such wonderful stuff or equipment since, but I have found WD40 works good to take off built up grease and doesn't damage paint and even a bit of solvent on a rag can help.

Comment

Thanks Everyone

For those in the UK: Halfords are putting their pressure washers on discount in 2 weeks time...around 16th March.....I bought one a few months ago with the built in flow-switch which switches the pump on/off with the lance trigger - it's excellent and cost £34.18 [instead of the full price of £68.00].

Comment

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
                  ....I bought one a few months ago with the built in flow-switch which switches the pump on/off with the lance trigger - it's excellent and cost £34.18 [instead of the full price of £68.00].
                  ...my far better half has just pointed out how daft I sounded here........t'is like trying to clean serious gear with a water pistol

Comment

Originally posted by d4c24a View Post
                    mine got done yesterday along with a service ,i do it when i can ,but i am not that bothered if i can,t
                    it gets fed and watered and thats what really matters
                    ......what vehicle did you chuck over the hedge to get that parking space???

Thats not clean,.....it's new..........

Comment

Graeme those decals that say 'Bio-oil' is that like what Eddie's running in his 'Wide-Boy'?

Comment

In preparation for a show I never got to get the machines to. I contracted for a fellow with a lowboy to bring them both to the ACMOC show in 2010. When the fellow showed up, he claimed it was going to cost twice as much as we agreed upon. Needless to say, he went home with an empty trailer and wallet.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Oh I wash my little machine regular and it looks after me well. I use a power washer every where so I can see the nipples then she gets a good greasing, I know i'm just kinky that way.

Comment

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
                            ......what vehicle did you chuck over the hedge to get that parking space???
                            Thats not clean,.....it's new..........
                            Ha ha everyone knows not to park in my space

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                            Graeme those decals that say 'Bio-oil' is that like what Eddie's running in his 'Wide-Boy'?
                            yes mate it is , had a hose go on the breaker last week , enquired about 20 ltrs from jcb to top up and have some spare, over £100

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                              Arent they all now ? If I spill any of my stuff .. theres no sheen or anything
                              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
                              X