Tilting buckets,the market.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilting buckets,the market.

I asked this on the tiltrotator thread and was advised to start a new thread.
    Do you guys think there is a market for small tilting buckets? I`m thinking 1.1/2 tonne and 2.1/2 tonne.
    I was thinking maybe the landscaping guys could use them.

The fact that mini excavators have a dozer blade means you can change the angle of the whole machine, and what with an offset boom combined with this, means you can achieve some pretty odd angles anyway (if you know your digger) so I dont think they've really taken off for that reason .. it would nice to have though to save you setting all the other positions, but as always .. if the same can be achieved for less outlay ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I want one. I have been meaning to try and make one but have not got round to it yet! It may well be to much for my engineering skills though!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
        I want one. I have been meaning to try and make one but have not got round to it yet! It may well be to much for my engineering skills though!
        Hi Gridley

i agree with Muz but it would be difficult to achieve some of the steeper angles with blade and offset .

like Jim I want one too, although I wouldn't bother with anything less than 2.5 tonne as tilty would be generally used for reinstating and 1.5 toners not normally doing much of this type of work .

Roughly what price do you think they could be manufactured for ?
        If you need a guinea pig to try one out I'm yer man

Comment

It may well be to much for my engineering skills though!
          Good.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinpetrol View Post
            Hi Gridley

i agree with Muz but it would be difficult to achieve some of the steeper angles with blade and offset .

like Jim I want one too, although I wouldn't bother with anything less than 2.5 tonne as tilty would be generally used for reinstating and 1.5 toners not normally doing much of this type of work .

Imwould be putting it on my 1.5 tonner. I find everyone underestimates what can be achieved with a 1.5 ton digger in the right hands!

Comment

From an engineering point of view would you have sufficient room on the bucket top to attach a ram/s of suitable size and stroke to achieve a reasonable tilt angle??
              A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Hi Gridley

The big question is what price would they sell for.

I have an idea what they would cost to make but would need to do some work on the cylinder pricing.
                I really need to make a few and see how it goes but finding the time is the problem.I also want to do a rake for small machines.
                I wouldn`t want to go bigger than five tonnes though as I have a customer who makes the bigger ones.

Comment

Imwould be putting it on my 1.5 tonner. I find everyone underestimates what can be achieved with a 1.5 ton digger in the right hands!
                  Sorry Jim , your probably right . I'm just thinking from my own biased perspective where I use my 2.7 toner for everything mini related unless it won't fit then I hire a 1 or 1.5

Vin

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                    From an engineering point of view would you have sufficient room on the bucket top to attach a ram/s of suitable size and stroke to achieve a reasonable tilt angle??
                    That is the $64,000 question.If the smallest one was 36" for a 1.5 ton machine it could be done but would be costly.
                    40 - 48" would be easier to work in.
                    My thoughts are that it needs to get close to 45 degrees tilt but 50 would be even better.

Comment

You could mount the ram vertically

Vin

Comment

Originally posted by Gridley View Post
                        The big question is what price would they sell for.

I have an idea what they would cost to make but would need to do some work on the cylinder pricing.
                        I really need to make a few and see how it goes but finding the time is the problem.I also want to do a rake for small machines.
                        I wouldn`t want to go bigger than five tonnes though as I have a customer who makes the bigger ones.
                        I have a rake for mine there is a thread on here somewhere about its with pics!

Comment

You could mount the ram vertically

Vin
                          I had thought of that but felt it could be in the way when fitting/removing the bucket from the machine.
                          That leads me to another question.Technically the cylinder should have a cross line relief valve to keep it where you set it but most tiltys don`t have them and they tend to get removed from the ones that do have them.
                          I can understand the problem which seems to be that with the valve fitted there is problems with the cylinder barrelling.This is because the oil is trapped in the cylinder by the valve and if it gets over pressurised by say the operator pressing down with a corner of the bucket it has nowhere to go but past the piston.
                          This can be avoided by fitting a cylinder that is man enough for the job but then cost comes in to it and the answer seems to be leave the valve out and let the machine relief valve take care of any pressure spikes in the system.
                          What`s the thoughts on that?

Comment

I have a rake for mine there is a thread on here somewhere about its with pics!
                            Do you use it much?
                            Have many people admired its usefulness?

Comment

...possibly the additional weight [turning moment] at the end of the boom/lifting arm of a tilt-o-vator on a small machine would offset any real advantages. Someone mentioned pallet toes, or pallet forks in P&C recently and it got me thinking that maybe i could offload the wood pellet flatbed with my EC15B if I fabricated some.....but on second thoughts the weight the EC15 could balance on a pallet would be puny..........correct?

Comment

Working...
                              X