• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cpcs 360 below 10 tonne & Ground workers needed

I am looking for 3 x 360 drivers below 10 tonne
    1 x kerb layer
    1 x ground worker with dumper or roller tickets

must have cpcs to be considered this will be a ongoing position in Barnstable , devon contract 4 weeks minimum.

call Mike Duncan on 02920459345 for a monday start.

£10.50 per hour

mike I don't mean to be rude but considering the work it takes and the cost of the tickets offering a dire £10.50ph is an insult and no wonder no one has replied? mind you that's more than an agency I saw over the weekend was offering for a driver £7.75ph? they should be ashamed! cleaners earn more? the average wage for a blue ticket 360 operator is around £12ph.

Comment

"Beenhonest" i'm a 360 op (Cpcs blue) and trust me i fully agree with you! the days of £10.50 an hour are long gone! im about to start a job thats with digs a van & a dinner allowance of £16pn & they are paying me £16ph! & there is more than 6 months work! Mike come on pal have a word lol the wages are well and truly on the up! there is a shortage of 360 op's & its going to get a lot worse soon for the agencies and companies as there is about to see a construction work boom! thing is if you havent got your CPCS ticket its just got a hell of a lot harder and there is a shorter time for the practical and i've heard a harder Theory test plus the price for just the red Above & below is about to exceed £2400! & a lot fo sites wont accept the red ticket you would need the blue one and thats another £2400! loool Good look mike with finding an op for that wage!

Comment

Hexcore , ,If you have a look ,the original post was some 18 months ago ,so may have been a lot quieter on the money front back then .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
          Hexcore , ,If you have a look ,the original post was some 18 months ago ,so may have been a lot quieter on the money front back then .
          That maybe so Ian but it has highlighted two issues (1) the run away cost of tickets (2) poor wages paid. I believe now that the UK won't accept the Irish tickets now..........more about money making than safety now........
          Last edited by Stock; 16-09-2014, 07:03 AM.
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

We have a large employer of Plant operators where I am .They have a Multi skilling policy , the more tickets employees have , the higher their pay rate is .So this was an incentive for the employees to have many operators tickets as they could get .
            Back when I got my tickets Government Machinery inspector Tested operators,and if you didn't show you were competent,when tested ,you did not get a ticket . The Government decided to put testing out to private certifyers . One of these guys used to write out tickets at the local pub .
            S,hit hit the fan ,when one of the "ticketed "operators was ask to drive a machine and had no idea how to operate it .When it was looked into and the same name cropped up on a large percentage of employees tickets ,the company decided to have all employees retested .Most of the questionable ticketed ones chose to hand in their tickets and take a pay cut rather that prove themselves . My "Safety" course i did back in 2004 Is still current and recognized .
            I look at the UK system and shake my head ..,Our system ain't perfect ,but when you get a ticket you have it for life . And don't pay though the nose for ever more ..

Comment

Working...
            X