Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about the breaker circuit (JCB 8015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the breaker circuit (JCB 8015)

Hi everyone,

My first post and it's a diggers for dummies one

I have just bought a JCB 801.5 mini digger and would like to fit a hydraulic thumb for handling logs etc. I have the service manual but can't get any sense out of it.....
    The digger is "piped for breaker" and what I'd like to know (dumb question time) is whether the breaker circuit is two way, i.e. if I fitted a push/pull hydraulic ram, could I operate it in both directions via the foot pedal? It seems to move both ways.

Regards, Jeff.

Welcome to the forum Jeff ... It depends on the spec of your machine .. you will indeed, need bi-directional flow.

When you rock the pedal in either direction with nothing connected .. does the engine labour slightly which ever way you rock it ? If it does .. you're possibly in luck. If it doesent, there may be a tap some where that alters the flow on the return line.

If all of that fails, there may also be a blank hose termination somewhere that connects with the pedals opposite movement.
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Welcome to the forum Jeff ... It depends on the spec of your machine .. you will indeed, need bi-directional flow.

When you rock the pedal in either direction with nothing connected .. does the engine labour slightly which ever way you rock it ? If it does .. you're possibly in luck. If it doesent, there may be a tap some where that alters the flow on the return line.
      Yes, the engine does labour so might be onto a winner here

Thanks for the help!

Regards, Jeff.

Comment

If its anything like my 8018 then it will be 2 way thing!

Comment

Working...
        X