Volvo EC 30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo EC 30.

Hello one and all,i hope someone out there can help me,i have a 2001 Volvo EC 30,has done 2600 hours,my mechanical knowledge is very limited,but i am slowly learning.I have a problem with the machine,when i start tracking in what ever speed,the engine dies and cuts out,has anybody any ideas.Many thanks.

Originally posted by Border bear View Post
    Hello one and all,i hope someone out there can help me,i have a 2001 Volvo EC 30,has done 2600 hours,my mechanical knowledge is very limited,but i am slowly learning.I have a problem with the machine,when i start tracking in what ever speed,the engine dies and cuts out,has anybody any ideas.Many thanks.
    Welcome BB .. the fuel filters in those machines are woefully small, I take it youve changed it , and cleaned the gauze one too ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Welcome to the forum Mr.Bear

When you say it loses power when you start tracking, does it have full power when you use the other hydraulic services?

Comment

Volvo EC 30.

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        Welcome BB .. the fuel filters in those machines are woefully small, I take it youve changed it , and cleaned the gauze one too ?
        Thanks Muz,replaced the paper filter about six months ago,and cleaned the gauze one,as soon as this problem started.

Comment

Volvo EC 30.

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
          Welcome to the forum Mr.Bear

When you say it loses power when you start tracking, does it have full power when you use the other hydraulic services?
          Yes it's fine when operating all the other services.

Comment

Can you operate the two tracking speeds ok, and see a visible difference in the rate of travel ?

The reason I ask is that on a machine of that age, the legend rubs off the two speed tracking button, and peeps dont realise what the button does sometimes, and it might be set on the fast track position, which increases the tracking speed but it also reduces the power they produce

So at full revs .. you pull on both levers and the engine slowly dies and cuts out in a couple of seconds, is that right ?
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              Can you operate the two tracking speeds ok, and see a visible difference in the rate of travel ?

The reason I ask is that on a machine of that age, the legend rubs off the two speed tracking button, and peeps dont realise what the button does sometimes, and it might be set on the fast track position, which increases the tracking speed but it also reduces the power they produce

So at full revs .. you pull on both levers and the engine slowly dies and cuts out in a couple of seconds, is that right ?
              Yes the two tracking speeds are fine,and the button switch works as it should,it will travel a few yards on what ever track setting,and how ever high you have the engine revving, then it will just die,it all ways starts again straight away.

Comment

Originally posted by Border bear View Post
                Yes the two tracking speeds are fine,and the button switch works as it should,it will travel a few yards on what ever track setting,and how ever high you have the engine revving, then it will just die,it all ways starts again straight away.
                Thats mighty strange when you can work everything else ok ?

Here a couple of things ..

on those machines, the primary fuel bowl is a silly plastic bowl, with a screw on ring, the upper body has push in elbow connectors. Eventually these connectors become slack, and will allow air to be sucked into the bowl, this will cause the engine to die on you when under load. Also there should be a black rubber 'O' ring ontop of the plastic bowl to seal it, is it there ?

Another thing is... if the electric lift pump isn't running right, it wont keep the fuel system primed properly, you should be able to hear it ticking after a short delay when you put your ignition on, that doesnt mean its pumping correctly though, you need to pull a hose off and the fuel should be jumping out of it about an inch, if it isnt, theres either a blockage in the tank strainer, or the pump is humped ...let us know how you get on .. dont buy a pump without telling us here first if you think its knacked... Ive another trick for that

Comment

Does anyone know if the travel motor(s) oil, or lack of it, could cause these symptoms ?

Comment

I have the same problem

I've changed filters and checked electric pump all working correct no air getting into fuel lines but it does down under load

Comment

Originally posted by garry4466 View Post
                      I've changed filters and checked electric pump all working correct no air getting into fuel lines but it does down under load
                      Hi Garry & welcome

Please start your own thread and give us as much detail as possible and we'll see if we can help

Comment

Working...
                      X