Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volco ec25, hydraulic problems!

Hi guys, from Norway here :)

Ive just got my 06 model ec25, about 2500hours.. suddenly the hydraulic system stops! No one of joystics is working, not either the "plow". Check light for hydraulic pressure was lighting, ive refilled but no improvenment, totally death. Light is off and the engine is running fine. What can be the problem, some stock valves? Fuses is ok, and no leakage.

Thanks alot for responding.

Originally posted by oleasx View Post
    Hi guys, from Norway here :)

Ive just got my 06 model ec25, about 2500hours.. suddenly the hydraulic system stops! No one of joystics is working, not either the "plow". Check light for hydraulic pressure was lighting, ive refilled but no improvenment, totally death. Light is off and the engine is running fine. What can be the problem, some stock valves? Fuses is ok, and no leakage.

Thanks alot for responding.
    Hi & welcome to the forum sounds like a faulty switch under the left hand console .. or dead mans handle as we call it ..

If the switch has failed or its actuating device has become detached .. all your controls will be dead .. locate that switch first and see if it is in tact and working properly
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Hi & welcome to the forum sounds like a faulty switch under the left hand console .. or dead mans handle as we call it ..

If the switch has failed or its actuating device has become detached .. all your controls will be dead .. locate that switch first and see if it is in tact and working properly
      Thanks for quickly answer :)

I was thinking about the same, some switch located around the left console. I had a look at this, and I found a wire, but didnt notice where it goes? could only see it was on the way under the seat or some.. little strange that noting of sticks working after hydraulic-light was on?

Comment

some older machines had a wire operated switch, and the wire failed when it got freyed ,, can you take a pic and remind me of the system ?

The hydraulic light indicates a different issue/problem such as a blocked or reduced flow filter
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

some older machines had a wire operated switch, and the wire failed when it got freyed ,, can you take a pic and remind me of the system ?

The hydraulic light indicates a different issue/problem such as a blocked or reduced flow filter
          Will try to bring you that later.

Trying to find some parts catalog for free on internet, but not easy tho..

Comment

just re read your post .. if its an 06 it wont be cable operated .. its a microswitch that tracks on a runner on the back of the console, if its come adrift from the track it will stop working. They also seized closed, and needed oil like WD40 to free up and work again .. get a good look at it first

Comment

just re read your post .. if its an 06 it wont be cable operated .. its a microswitch that tracks on a runner on the back of the console, if its come adrift from the track it will stop working. They also seized closed, and needed oil like WD40 to free up and work again .. get a good look at it first
              Yes, that can be some around that :) i think its a red switch in front of it, with a little "wheel" on it? Could have a look at that tomorrow. Will reply u then :) Thanks! Its 10:30 pm here now and dark outside! :P

Comment

Yes, that can be some around that :) i think its a red switch in front of it, with a little "wheel" on it?
                Yes thats the one ... when you get it off, it will look buggered, but just keep working it with oil, and it will free up , and it will last a good long time after that before it seizes again. No need to buy a new one, just get the light oil in there, nothing heavier than WD40 though, because it is a contact switch

Bit of a pain to refit to get the angle right.. just take your time to adjust it properly

I love it ... another £100 saved from going to a dealer

Comment

Gees Muz , Your Fecking Good .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                    Gees Muz , Your Fecking Good .
                    Ditto

...and welcome Ole

Comment

Yes thats the one ... when you get it off, it will look buggered, but just keep working it with oil, and it will free up , and it will last a good long time after that before it seizes again. No need to buy a new one, just get the light oil in there, nothing heavier than WD40 though, because it is a contact switch

Bit of a pain to refit to get the angle right.. just take your time to adjust it properly

I love it ... another £100 saved from going to a dealer
                      Hi again, it was not these things we thought it was, but some wheel-connection from engine to the hydraulic-pump who was defective/broken. Had a volvo mechanic to the job, so now the parts is ordered and think it will be okay then. Thanks for helping :)

Comment

Hi again, it was not these things we thought it was, but some wheel-connection from engine to the hydraulic-pump who was defective/broken. Had a volvo mechanic to the job, so now the parts is ordered and think it will be okay then. Thanks for helping :)
                        Oh ! I thought we'd nailed that one good .. can you photograph the part before you replace it ?.. i'd like to see what it was, or if you cant do that, give us the part number off the packet?.

The pump is bolted directly to the engine on the bell housing, theres only a big rubber shock bush in there, and Ive never seen them fail, the pump would have to be wrecked if it did.

The switch you describe does have a wheel at its base, and it will shut everything down if it seizes shut

Comment

If I'm reading this right, the engine to pump splined connection has failed?

Would that happen?
                          Has it ever happened to anyone on P&C? Curious..........

Comment

Working...
                          X