Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lifton 1200 Dumper 2003:Forward motion does not work??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifton 1200 Dumper 2003:Forward motion does not work??

When put into forward motion it does not move. However, it does work in reverse.
    Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, GalaxyLtn

Now why don't you come back and introduce yourself tell us of your mechanical ability etc instead of making a post like a dog does his poop.........

By the way some manners helps as well.............
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
      Now why don't you come back and introduce yourself tell us of your mechanical ability etc instead of making a post like a dog does his poop.........

By the way some manners helps as well.............
      I think your gonna have to accept Stock .. some peeps just turn up and post .. I'm Ok with it
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyLtn View Post
        When put into forward motion it does not move. However, it does work in reverse.
        Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, GalaxyLtn
        Welcome Galaxy

Is it the shuttle lever on the steering column you have ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

you da boss............

Welcome Galaxy.............. galaxy hmmmmmmmmm chocolate..... .

Comment

Hi Stock, Muz

Thanks for the responses. As you gathered i'm new to this ... its enough to try and work out doing a post. .. am always happy for any constructive criticisms..

As for my ability.. generally good with mechanics on plant inc. dumps lorries etc. Just not had any real experience on hydrostatics.

Stock, .. The shuttle lever is on the steering column.

Again, thanks in advance

GalaxyLtn

Comment

Welcome back. Don't mind me my bark is worse than my bite..........
              If the machine is electrically controlled ie switch forward and reverse then first swap the wires on the solenoids on the control of the pump.
              It may be that either the switch on the column is acting up or its a broken wire or contact but more than likely the electric coil on the forward valve is fooooooked (in my best irish chinese cork accent)

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyLtn View Post
                Thanks for the responses. As you gathered i'm new to this ... its enough to try and work out doing a post. .. am always happy for any constructive criticisms..
                Theres no criticisms here fella ... I think Stock couldnt get the top off his Guinness .. now that 'would' drive a man to drink

I think he pretty much said it like it is though on the fault ... the solenoid on the pump for forward could be goosed, but its more likely to be the switch on the column, because its more open to the elements. You could try to identify the FWD switch wires .. short them and see if she goes ? .. IF the drive is working for reverse, its the same drive for fwd so its an electrical niggle you have .. have you checked all your fuses ?

Comment

Welcome Galaxy

Comment

Thanks guys for your feedback

Will have ago and let you know how I get on...

Galaxy Ltn

Comment

Working...
                    X