Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8014 Bushes

Hi Everyone

I have a JCB 8014 and the bushes in the boom and tipping links have some play in them, is this an easy job to do without heat or a press.

Yup I did mine with out heat and a press.

Comment

Originally posted by robert View Post
      Hi Everyone

I have a JCB 8014 and the bushes in the boom and tipping links have some play in them, is this an easy job to do without heat or a press.
      Depends on the wear within the linkages,if not too worn then it relatively easy but if the housing needs to be reconditioned it will involve a lot more..............
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Turned out that the bushes were not worn on my boom but the boom itself was wearing!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
          Turned out that the bushes were not worn on my boom but the boom itself was wearing!
          Can you bang out old bushes with hammer and siutable sized bar and just bang in new ones, are they metal bushes or the plastic ones they sell on ebay.
          The tracks have seen better days as well can anyone recomend a good supplier

Comment

The dipper end is plastic like eBay in fact exactly the same and the other end is metal. I chapped mine out and chapped new ones in!

Comment

There will be cheer suppliers but I got mine from JCB and they gave an 18 month warranty which came in handy when one burst with 1 month warranty left and I got a new track for free!

Comment

Working...
              X