EC15B cutting out ECU problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EC15B cutting out ECU problem

Well after a crap bit of adminning .. Ive just deleted some posts when trying to create this thread

Anyway .. weve had this problem before. EC15 cuts out and dies due to a broken wire in the ECU which is under the drivers seat. Its a sealed rubber box which you cannot maintain

IMG_1888.jpg
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Theres not a lot in there as this older thread shows

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...light=ronboyce

Turns out Volvo want £190+ VAT for the unit, which is still a bit of a stich up for a broken wire

*edit* well it would if I hadnt deleted the post with the photo .. its on the server somewhere I just need to find it

Found !

Sdc10515.jpgSdc10522.jpg
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

So, the question is "are you gonna try and fix it?"
      I don't know what level of electronics you're comfortable with but that circuit appears straightforward - it may be worth giving it to an electronics repair shop just to run the diagnostics.......or is it just a broken wire?

Comment

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
        So, the question is "are you gonna try and fix it?"
        I don't know what level of electronics you're comfortable with but that circuit appears straightforward - it may be worth giving it to an electronics repair shop just to run the diagnostics.......or is it just a broken wire?
        Yes jack .. You just move a wire and the machine just shuts down. The problem is that's it caked in rubber so it's really hard to see the components by them selves , but you are right it should be easy to see where the fault is !

Comment

When the Computer in my JCB8080 shit itself , I took it to a computer Shop to see if they could do anything with it .
          Man opened it up ,to find the whole board had been covered with resin ,.So not repairable .

Comment

Working...
          X