Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowloaders/Lowbed and other equipment related transport thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stock View Post
    So how is the Daf and Hiab working out for you Mog?
    Grand mate doesn't go out as often as I would like but busy doing other things at the minute
    my trucks 092.jpg my trucks 075.jpg
    Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
    Are the ramps hydraulic or pneumatic? We seldom see ramps like that here but I have seen a couple like that for moving paving equipment.
    They are hydraulic and as you see fold forward onto the deck I'm getting a full 1mpg better than the old stand up ramps
    my trucks 072.jpg my trucks 073.jpg

Mogg
    If I have to explain you wouldn't understand

Comment

That's pretty neat how they fold down Mogg, are the hydraulics powered off the truck's pto. or from an independent power source?

Comment

That's pretty neat how they fold down Mogg, are the hydraulics powered off the truck's pto. or from an independent power source?
        yes it's second hand........ took a long time to find one that had them
        24v motor driven pump just plug in to the truck when needed and the same wire/plug also works the winch (16,000lb)

Comment

That's awesome Mogg. One question about your duck, is that one of the old Case/Poclain line of machines? Or is that one of the later Sumitomo machines?

Comment

That's awesome Mogg. One question about your duck, is that one of the old Case/Poclain line of machines? Or is that one of the later Sumitomo machines?
            It's the old type case 588 (13 tonnes) with a cummins engine it was the last with a proper hand throttle the next ones were power sensor models and have a computer with buttons instead (not very good)

But me being me i fitted a generator to the engine 300v DC so I can use my 39" magnet for loading scrap etc. and a fair tool it is if the metal is thick enough and heavy enough it'll lift the arse of the machine of the ground
            plant 037.jpg
            This is the control box hiding in the tool box
            plant 035.jpg
            as you can see it's like playing an organ with all the pedals in the cab
            plant 032.jpg

Mogg

Comment

Ok I'm not very familiar that line of ducks from Case but I think the '88 series was derived from Poclain. They use to sell a duck here that was originally made by Drott known as the Cruz-Air excavator but it was an abortion it had foot pedals for swing and the bucket and engine mounted on the wheeled chassis and used gear driven low pressure hydraulics.....But anyway that's neat how you can fit your dumper and the duck on your lowbed at the same time.

Comment

Working...
              X