No announcement yet.

Help Required: Lifton dumper problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Required: Lifton dumper problems!

Hi,
    Im a new member, found this site on google. After reading some of the posts it seems like i have a similar problem to others regarding my Lifton Dumper.
    Firstly i must say i know very little about dumpers, but this is my problem.
    I have a Lifton dumper about year 2000. Its the one that has a high tip. Now, the tipping part is ok, but the drive part is not working. When i first got the dumper about six months ago it was fine, but in the last couple of months the drive has been a bit sporadic, sometimes it would go sometimes not. Now its not going at all!
    I have checked the oil and it seems ok, not sure about the filter but i did remove it and it worked for a while but now has stopped and won't drive.
    If any one out their can help it would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Rixy

Hi Rixy & welcome.

As no doubt you have discovered there is a wealth of information on this site regarding various problems with the Lifton mini dumpers and you will find lots of tips on what to check. If you haven't already done so, it might be worth going through the posts for some indicators of what to look for. Do a search or check:-
    Damn! its Broken ........ again ..!!

The lift/tip/steering hydraulics are supplied by a different pump than the wheel motors, that's why they still work when the travel drive fails. As you have tried running without the filter and found a temporary cure, that may have been because the filter was clogged and without it you had increased pressure and/or increased oil flow. But assuming you are still running filter-less or with a new filter and the lack of drive has again occured that suggests either a flow problem or pump pressure problem.

My guess, having experienced of lack of pressure problems with our 850, is that lack of pressure would be the first thing to have checked. There is a pressure test point on the A10VG45 hydraulic pump (assuming that's the one you have) but you will need suitable guages. If you can get access to them or to a hydraulic engineer who has them, the maximum pressure should be above 300 bar and towards 350 bar. Lack of pressure caused our 850 to refuse to mount anything but a gentle gradient when loaded, although it would bomb along happily on a level surface.

I'll attach a couple of shots of our pump. The shot with the gauge at just over 200 bar shows the test point just to the right of the gauge, the other shot shows the right side of the pump with the knurled cap on the test point on the right side forward end of the pump.

Rgds CL

PumpTest01WEB.jpgPumpPicRghtWEB.jpg
    Last edited by CaptLimey; 25-06-2013, 07:52 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Thanks Captlimey... i will try and find the pump that looks like the one in your photo...so if the pressure is low (below 200) it will be a pump problem? ...If not?

Thanks again

Rixy

Comment

Welcome to the forum Rixy - and The Cap'tn knows a thing or two about Liftons

Comment

Originally posted by Rixy View Post
          Thanks Captlimey... i will try and find the pump that looks like the one in your photo...so if the pressure is low (below 200) it will be a pump problem? ...If not?

Thanks again

Rixy
          Hi Rixy

As Jack says, although only an amateur, I've learned a little bit about the Lifton but only as a result of information gleaned from this forum and a painful & expensive process of elimination. We (Stevey & I) had a similar lack of sufficient drive problem on our 850 which was finally identified as low pump pressure caused by damage to the innards. Although our pump was found to have quite severe damage it was still able to produce 200+ bar and drive the dumper up a slight incline, so your problem may be something else. But I suggest the first step is to get a pressure test done. I've attached the manual image showing the forward & reverse pressure test points. I believe you only need test one.

You'll get to the pump by removing the foot plate. If your pump pressure is too low it may be your lack of drive problem. If it is around the recommended 360 (ish) bar maximum, you could have a flow blockage somewhere, preventing sufficient fluid from getting to the travel motors.

Good luck, rgds CL.

ManualPumpRightSideWEB.jpg

Comment

Filter part number please

Hi again Rixy
            Can I ask for your help? We asked a French company for an estimate to repair our Lifton 850 but when they offered to fit a new pump for €6000 we declined!!!
            We now find that they took the hydraulic filter out and haven't repaced it! So we don't know the part number to obtain another. Can you give us the part number from your filter? It should be stamped on one of the end plates of the element.

Thanks CL.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptLimey View Post
              Hi again Rixy
              Can I ask for your help? We asked a French company for an estimate to repair our Lifton 850 but when they offered to fit a new pump for €6000 we declined!!!
              We now find that they took the hydraulic filter out and haven't repaced it! So we don't know the part number to obtain another. Can you give us the part number from your filter? It should be stamped on one of the end plates of the element.

Thanks CL.
              Hi CL,
              Jus removed filter, the numbers are p30510-51 hope that helps. Havent had time to have a look at my problem but hopefully sometime this week. I will let you know.

Many thanks again

Rixy

Comment

Originally posted by Rixy View Post
                Hi CL,
                Jus removed filter, the numbers are p30510-51 hope that helps. Havent had time to have a look at my problem but hopefully sometime this week. I will let you know.

Many thanks again

Rixy
                Rixy many thanks for taking the trouble, that will be a great help to us. Keep us posted with your progress on the lack of drive problem.
                Rgds CL

Comment

Working...
                X