No announcement yet.

Swing arm stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi muz, thanks for all your help with the digger but the only thing you couldn't help with is the fact that im an idiot. after taking the ram out and blowing air down each tube to prove it works I took the whole shell off the digger and found I was looking at the wrong spool valve. the one I showed you was an auxiliary valve and not the swing arm valve. the swing arm valve was further under the machine and after connecting the cable to this and putting the machine back together it worked. I even managed to find someone who has a new cable for sale so happy days, thanks for your help again it saved me a ton of money, I do intruder alarms for a living so if you need any advice on that subject then im your man, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by aswadthedog View Post
      hi muz, thanks for all your help with the digger but the only thing you couldn't help with is the fact that im an idiot. after taking the ram out and blowing air down each tube to prove it works I took the whole shell off the digger and found I was looking at the wrong spool valve. the one I showed you was an auxiliary valve and not the swing arm valve. the swing arm valve was further under the machine and after connecting the cable to this and putting the machine back together it worked. I even managed to find someone who has a new cable for sale so happy days, thanks for your help again it saved me a ton of money, I do intruder alarms for a living so if you need any advice on that subject then im your man, cheers
      Ahh dont wory about it mate as long as you got your thinking cap on and saved a few bob .. I'm all for that .. glad to help push you in that direction .. you managed it yourself, in the end .

Does that mean you dont have a working AUX circuit .. or is it a one way valve, only, anyway ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

im not even sure what an aux valve is for, im guessing its to add something else to the digger and as I have now freed it up it must be working, I only brought the digger to build a garage in the garden, it allowed me to take my time and saved money on hiring, that's if I can sell it for a reasonable price on ebay. this is why I needed to get it working correctly. repairing faults on the digger looked like it was going to be a big job but it was not as bad as I was expecting and thanks to your help and a bit of bravery its was nice and easy, thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by aswadthedog View Post
          im not even sure what an aux valve is for, im guessing its to add something else to the digger
          Yes it would be used to power a hydraulic breaker or some other hydraulic accessory. However JCB didnt always pipe their machines with the service, as it meant an extra controller in the cab by way of a lever or foot pedal, and an extra set of pipes down the boom, and they were too miserable to fit them as standard
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
          X